Ab Circle - THUMBS DOWN!

Options
Just in case anyone has been thinking about getting the Ab Circle........

Just took it out of the box. It took about 5 min. to set up. It claims to be the best 3 min. workout for your abs and love handles. Well, after 30 minutes on it I still couldn't fell any burn in my abs or sides. Instead I feel like I got a great workout on my arms, back and shoulders, because your hanging on for your dear life so you wont slide off. If fact my left lat cramped up. I tried all 3 exercises and all 3 levels of positions. Nothing....no burn what so ever in my abs. The best work out was when my husband and I spent 45 minutes trying to put it back in the box with the styrofoam that it came in. LOL Returning it tomorrow!

Replies

• pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered if any of those informercial gadgets were for real...the Ab Circle was one of them. Sorry to hear that. You just saved me some headache.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    The Ab Lounge that was on those info-mercials a couple of years ago worked very, very well.................
  • meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Can you return it? My mother in law has the red exerciser for your abs, i went on it for about 5 minutes and felt the burn! If you wanted return it, and were looking for something different, i would recommend the red exerciser 110%!!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Can you return it? My mother in law has the red exerciser for your abs, i went on it for about 5 minutes and felt the burn! If you wanted return it, and were looking for something different, i would recommend the red exerciser 110%!!

You might want to read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/79648-my-muscles-are-burning-it-must-be-a-good-exercise-right
  • meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thats interesting news, however, along with any other exercise, machine or not, your body will get used to the routine and you wont see any changes if its repetitive. I switch my workouts every single day and i have lost over 12 lbs in a month, and yes, i eat verY healthy, and exercise up to 2 hours a day. With the red exerciser, you most definitely can work different muscles, maybe not using more resistance, but I disagree to believe that it will never show results. I do agree though, that if you were to not do cardio and eat healthy, your not going to see results by just doing the machine exercises. But everyone has there own opinions on these machines, like I for one think that Boflex 3 minutes a day is bull as a lot of other gimmicks out there. I don't own any machines, I stick with pilates, treadmill, cardio dancing, and ab videos and hand weights. :flowerforyou:
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options

You might want to read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/79648-my-muscles-are-burning-it-must-be-a-good-exercise-right

That was great information. I definately learned something about working out and changing it up daily. Everyone should read your link!