how much did i burn??????

Options
i work at a grocery store and bring the carts in everday. sometimes 2x a day. it involves me pushing a roughly 200lb load for a couple hundred feet into the store to drop them off and then repeat. it takes me about 15min and i am constantly walking/pushing the carts. how much would you estimate i burn?

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    It's part of your regular daily activity. It's something you should set up as part of your activity profile and not count separately.
  • jquintinjr
    Options
    i do it on avg 3x a week cuz i work 3x a week. and it can be as many as 3x in one day. so how much would one 15min session be
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I would look at circuit training and see for that amount of time what you would burn.:happy:
  • jquintinjr
    Options
    it said 250 per half hr of circuit. :)
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    just make sure if you are tracking that, it is a continuous amount! Other option is to wear a heart monitor! :wink:
  • bukozki
    Options
    It's part of your regular daily activity. It's something you should set up as part of your activity profile and not count separately.

I actually disagree with that. Plugging in some cookie cutter formula for calorie consumption is not going to be more accurate than measuring the at rest BRI and then logging activities deviating from that.

You should also never respond to a post again, you have exactly 666 posts right now and the devil likes that.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

I actually disagree with that. Plugging in some cookie cutter formula for calorie consumption is not going to be more accurate than measuring the at rest BRI and then logging activities deviating from that.

You should also never respond to a post again, you have exactly 666 posts right now and the devil likes that.

But unless you log every activity then, no matter how trivial, your number will be no more accurate than just making something up.

The idea of choosing an AVERAGE activity level is that it represents a reasonably accurate determination of your actual activity level. Some days you might move around a little more, others a little less--over time, it all works out, which is much closer to the way the body works.

Hey--there are no "rules". People can do whatever they want. But none of the methods we use are that precise, so to me scrounging for every "calorie expended" is a misplaced effort.
  • Alexandra888
    Options
    I do the same thing! I usually do 3 hours for an 8 hour shift. Im not sure exactly how to calculate that but i usually calculate it by adding walking and carrying an infant for that long (1.5 hours each). Not sure if its accurate but just a thought. :)
  • berlin80210
    berlin80210 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my work puts me at the grocery store all day too... you should seriously invest in a pedometer! I wondered how many calories I was burning walking up and down all those isles all day. It really lights a fire under your *kitten* to walk more every day especially while doing every day tasks (like parking in the furthest space form the front door so you have further to walk) I love actually reaching my 10,000 step daily goal because at step 105 it seems impossible, and then suddenly your at step 7856 and you can't imagine giving up now! You burn about 500 calories from walking 10,000 steps....

Try it!