Annoyed with self..

Options
I started exercising in May 2012 and by Sept 2012 had lost 32 pounds. I had started around 292 and got to 260. I have gained 7 pounds back because I haven't been going to the gym as much and have been stressed so my eating habits haven't been the best. I feel like since the end of September, I've been slipping. I'm just mad because I promised myself that I wouldn't be one of those people who gain the weight they fought so hard to lose back. I'm trying not to let it get me down so I just try to stay away from the scale. I've been trying to pick myself back up.

Last week when I went shopping, I got good food. I've been going to the gym this week and trying to workout hard. I also have been trying to do sit ups before bed and in the morning when I wake up. I guess I'm just disappointed in myself and that is a hard feeling to shake. I just try to focus on the fact that I lost 25 pounds still and ignore the fact that I gained 7 pounds back.

Tomorrow is Saturday. Here's to starting a new week. :drinker:

Replies

• njohnson1966
    njohnson1966 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    First off, awesome job on losing the weight in the first place. Secondly, don't beat yourself up for being human. Win some , lose some, it's life. You've already picked yourself up and knocked the dust off so to speak, so just hop back aboard as you've planned and don't look back. Best wishes for your success.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Just remember, a vast majority of people don't even TRY to lose the weight. You've taken a step in the right direction, and as long as you continue to make healthy choices in general, you'll get the results you want. Like njohnson said, we're all human, and sometimes we make mistakes. Learn from it and let it make you a better person.
  • windyleal
    Options
    Every morning we are blessed with a day to start over - don't beat yourself up over a little setback. Just start at this very moment and recommit yourself to making your goals your priority. You can do this - we all believe in you!
  • BrianaRenee21
    Options
    Thank you all so much! You guys made my day :flowerforyou:
  • carolmsb
    carolmsb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I can so relate . I am annoyed and disappointed with myself. I joined last April-for a day-then got sidetracked and did NOTHING to take care of myself-except feed my face emotionally. ACK. I bought a new pair of Nike's yesterday , now I'm going to Just Do It! :smile:
  • Wannabeachday
    Wannabeachday Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Great thing about this place you are not alone. We all are fighting and trying to stay focused! I ate like crap for the past few days and not happy with myself at all. We have to remember we are human and will have slip ups, just take one day at a time! The weight you already lost is amazing in itself. Don't be so hard on yourself you look beautiful :)
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You appear to have done a great job, so why shouldn't that continue? Be proud of what you have accomplished!
  • Alishalwarren
    Options
    You are still ahead by 25lbs! Focus on that! You hit a rough spot, it happens. Just pick yourself back up and hit it hard! : )