i feel like im not losing weight

Options
i know 3500cals=1lb.

i started working out 5 times a week last week.

say i workout 1hr a day (30min cardio+ 30min lightweights/abs) 4-5 times a week and eat 1200cals a day at the most.. how much weight am i gona lose by may?? May 8th is my goal because it's my birthday btw so it would be the best gift ever from myself :P

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you weigh now and what your BMR is. MFP can help you figure this out...
  • swissdutchess
    Options
    results take a few weeks to show. keep it up! give it 2-3 weeks.
  • Solko1983
    Solko1983 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just a thought..... jumping into an extreme change is not always going to show the immediate results you're looking for. I take a max of 1200 calories and do cardio 5-6 times a week and it took me 6 months to lose 47lbs. I'm 5'7" and started at 250lbs. I also work in a hospital and spend a lot of time on my feet so my base activity level was high to begin with. Not sure where you're starting from.... Just something to compare with :)

Best of luck with your goal!
  • brightstar
    brightstar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    meh i have been eating 1200 calories as well as doing swimming, yoga and walking (i can only do lo-impact at the moment because of an injury) and I have only lost 1kg in a whole month. Take measurements it will make you feel a little better as your body is changing shape
  • Solko1983
    Solko1983 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's a great tip! We all hate to hear "muscle weighs more than fat" but it's so true!