new kind of high

Options
So, last week I was as high as I have ever been.. on the scale. The day after Thanksgiving I was a whopping 237 -- I thought I'd never let myself get this big. Then this Tuesday I go to the doctor and find out that I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) which is a condition that is closely linked to diabetes and infertility, and is aggravated by extra weight on the body.

I hate being like this, and I am at the bottom of my barrel. This has been a very difficult year for me. I've lost dear ones, moved to a new city where I have no social support system other than my fiance (and he's working and in school), and the stress is showing in my physical health. I am in need of serious help.

I just hired a personal trainer this week, and have actually followed her cardio/weight training program so far. The biggest missing piece is nutrition. I can't seem to get ahold of my cravings and emotional eating, and it's sabatoging my progress. I've GAINED 20 lbs since I first bought my wedding dress (set to be married in June 2013, 6 months from now), so in order to fit into my dress, I need to lose that weight (and would like to lose more).

I am writing this as sort of a cry for help. I am not coming here to complain or to paint myself the victim. I have created this situation for myself -- I am the reason that I am so obese right now. But I can see now, VERY clearly, that I cannot climb out of this hole alone. I need the support, motivation and accountability from people -- all of you, MFP comrades -- who understand my struggles and can help me move forward.

Thank you for at least reading through this, and for being part of the support system I'm trying to build around myself so I can make it through. I already appreciate you.

Replies

• peachesmallonee
    peachesmallonee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    wow our stories sound pretty similar. I have also move to a new city just my fiancé and I ( and our little girl), We don't know any one. I bought a wedding dress recently that ended up being waaaay to small and now I either have to lose a bunch of weight or buy a new one. moving away and planning a wedding are probably to of the most stressful things ever! if you ever want to talk just hit me up : )