Is MFP like the gym?

Options
bexxgirl
bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
On New Years Day there's a massive influx of people and then it peters away again within a few weeks?

I started here in November last year, but I didn't spend enough time on the boards back then to really notice!

Replies

• Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've only been on since this past September, myself, but I think it is to some extent. I've seen a lot more new members wanting to lose twenty pounds in a month.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    That's a good question! I've only been on here since March. I'm curious to see what happens!
  • Sorova
    Sorova Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I definitely noticed this happening last year, yes.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Well I joined new years day...but I stuck around
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    <
    guilty as charged...but hoping to stick with it this time and not give up on myself again!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Happens a lot with dating sites too I'm told where everyone's clammering to be in a relationship for the Christmas period but then they kind of give up after until Spring.
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Happens a lot with dating sites too I'm told where everyone's clammering to be in a relationship for the Christmas period but then they kind of give up after until Spring.

*Rushes to go join a dating site*
  • betoarango
    betoarango Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    At least MFP has space for everyone. Going to the gym the next 2 months will be close to impossible, as a million New Years resolutes will flock to them.

By March it will have settled back to normal except for the awesome 10% who stick with it for the long run.

Hopefully the numbers in MFP will be better and a higher percentage of startees will be able to change their lives for the better.
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I feel like with MFP it is hard to tell, because you only SEE the people that you have friended. So even though a bunch of people may join, you might not notice. Unlike the gym. Where it is impossible NOT to notice! haha!