Mini workouts to do at home, throughout the day?

Options
For the past two years I've been working from home, and just recently picked up a part-time catering job so I can be a little more active outside of the gym. But there are still days where I spend far too many hours just sitting around, and an hour at the gym just isn't enough to make up for it, plus I'm not a fan of 2 hours of straight working out.

Going for walks around my neighbourhood isn't an option now as it's too cold and icy out, so I am hoping to get some ideas for little at-home routines to do sporadically throughout the day that require either no equipment other than maybe some hand weights and a mat. I know I can do jumping jacks and squats and the like but I just hate coming up with my own routines to be honest, and it would be nice to follow something with a set progression. Any suggestions?

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    google "barre" or "yoga" on youtube. Tons of mini workouts. I do barre3 and love it. they have a subscriptions service "mybarre3".. they have 10,20, 30,40 and 60 minute workouts. You need a kitchen counter, chair, mat and some light hand weights. They have lunch break routines as well. there are several other groups on line as well.

I hate the gym and the whole going for classes but love the whole Barre workouts and Wii Fit Yoga.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check out the barre stuff.