4 months of work, 75lbs gone.

Options
Well, it's been just about 4 months for me. I've been recommended to take pictures by a friend, that way I can actually see the progress and not just numbers.

I'm at a point where I look okay, but am still obese. I'm planning to drop another 3 and a half stones then train with weights to tone up a bit, I'm not a fan of massive muscles so I'll only bulk a tiny bit.

So, that's my story. Any suggestions?

IMG_5895.jpg

IMG_5894.jpg

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • moounir
    moounir Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulation. 4 months Wahoo. Did you only follow MFP goals or did you had another tstrategy
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wow, 75lbs in 4 months? You have been working hard! Congratulations! :)
  • Kagami_Taiga
    Kagami_Taiga Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congratulation. 4 months Wahoo. Did you only follow MFP goals or did you had another tstrategy

I pretty much followed the phone app and that's it.
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Great work man! Keep it up
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant work! You can really see the difference ;)
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    dude rock on!! amazing transformation..tell us a little bit more...whats your height? how much calories were you taking in? Was this a low carb diet :)
  • Kagami_Taiga
    Options
    dude rock on!! amazing transformation..tell us a little bit more...whats your height? how much calories were you taking in? Was this a low carb diet :)

I'm 5' 9, I eat 1200 calories one week and 1600 calories the next.

Everyday I take one cod liver oil capsule, and sometimes vitamin pills. I eat mainly turkey meat. My carb intake contains only complex carbs, brown rice, oats, wheat bread. I also, eat a tonne of vegetables everyday.
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    pure amazing great job
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    As you asked for suggestions: You have lost quite a bit of weigh quickly and are on pretty low calories, especially for a guy. I would up your calories (i.e. decrease the target weight loss) now you have less to lose. Also, I would highly recommend not waiting to strength train. If you wait, you will be losing LBM while you lose weight. Strength training now will help to preserve it.
  • Harlequin16
    Harlequin16 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The difference looks amazing!
  • mscolleen2003
    mscolleen2003 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Good job, you look amazing
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    you don't look like you have 31/2 pounds to lose. You look great
  • Kagami_Taiga
    Options
    As you asked for suggestions: You have lost quite a bit of weigh quickly and are on pretty low calories, especially for a guy. I would up your calories (i.e. decrease the target weight loss) now you have less to lose. Also, I would highly recommend not waiting to strength train. If you wait, you will be losing LBM while you lose weight. Strength training now will help to preserve it.

I agree wholeheartedly with you on the weights part. Right now I'm lifting a little bit during the week. It's only for preservation of muscle but with no real aim of bulking.

When I said I'll lift after dropping to my goal (or whatever my wording was, can't remember) I meant I'll put all my focus towards it.

As for my calorie count, I'm gonna stick with that for a bit longer, my fat percentage is still pretty high.
  • Kagami_Taiga
    Options
    you don't look like you have 31/2 stones to lose. You look great

Thanks, I technically don't.

I have 3 and a half stones to drop until my goal/ideal weight. But that number when compared to my body fat percentage means it's only lean mass left with just about 0% fat. This is pretty much impossible to achieve, nor do I want it. I'll reevaluate things after I've trimmed down to about 200lbs or so.

Also, the only reason I don't look like I've got that much to lose is because I've got a reasonably good amount of muscle mass on me.
  • emily_bird
    Options
    You look great ! Well done!

You should check out Shin Ohtake's workouts or Insanity for your muscle preferences.

Good luck!
  • ErzaScarlet
    ErzaScarlet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    you look amazing well done :)
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    wow you can definitely tell you lost weight! great job!!!!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can see what a difference there is.. Looking Good!!
  • Kagami_Taiga
    Options
    you look amazing well done :)

I'm not gonna like, I'm slightly in love with you due to your name.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!