discusting question but one i need an answer to ...

Options
Ok so I went out last night and got quite drunk, on the way home called at mc donalds for some drunk food but literally 20 mins after eating it I was sick. Should I still log this or not?

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    If you got sick almost immediately after eating it, I wouldn't log it.
  • captainsuperpants
    captainsuperpants Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer, but i LOVE the question. Gold. I wouldn't bother if you're not sure how much booze you drank either, just a write-off day in my book
  • runboostie
    runboostie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Drunk food... I have just learned a new concept.

I am a teetotalling skinny pig, but if I were to consume, say a teaspoon or two of very strong wine, I wonder if my soba noodles would qualify as drunk food.

Oh dear, I forgot that I am physicaly unable to vomit. Yet another thing that keeps me from the cool kids...

Sigh.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    LOL...love this. ROFLMAO!!!
  • PennyRLane
    PennyRLane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong or misquoting but in my Biology of nutrition class I'm in the process first starts in the mouth with saliva and gland juices that help break down the food and after flowing down the esophagus to the stomach where the food is processed down smaller THEN the food would be in the stage of digestion where it would irritate you and make you throw it back up or become sick. Once past the doudenum (a little area that helps to keep food from flowing back into the stomach and push food further down the GI tract food starts to be absorbed as nutrients and lipids, vitamins etc. Only about 10% of our calories from these foodstuffs consumed between your mouth and your stomach are absorbed... but time and amount also have to be accounted for...
    AFTER THAT HORRIBLY LONG AND BORING POST...
    I'd say screw it! You probably burned off the calories you took in in that small amount of time by pushing it back up lol.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    All I can say is I only wish I had thrown up after my night of drinking and eating! sigh!
  • RoxySherwood89
    RoxySherwood89 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Haha believe me you don't, I hate been sick. Thanks for the repljes peeps just had a really horrible msg from someone about this question, its nice to know not everyone judges me for having a night out! X
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

You had me at duodenum. ;)
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    lmao...been there, done that. I wouldn't worry about it. You probably burned a whole bunch of calories during the night dancing/stumbling to the bathroom that you'll be fine :) (I stumble quite nicely, especially in heels! haha!)
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options

This!:laugh:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong or misquoting but in my Biology of nutrition class I'm in the process first starts in the mouth with saliva and gland juices that help break down the food and after flowing down the esophagus to the stomach where the food is processed down smaller THEN the food would be in the stage of digestion where it would irritate you and make you throw it back up or become sick. Once past the doudenum (a little area that helps to keep food from flowing back into the stomach and push food further down the GI tract food starts to be absorbed as nutrients and lipids, vitamins etc. Only about 10% of our calories from these foodstuffs consumed between your mouth and your stomach are absorbed... but time and amount also have to be accounted for...
    I'd say screw it! You probably burned off the calories you took in in that small amount of time by pushing it back up lol.

Your post wasn't boring at all. I was fascinated. Thanks!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Did you eat it? Then log it.
  • janalo55
    janalo55 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I would say log it. If you have logged more than actually went through your system, you will just be better off! But I say log it because once you get out of the habit of logging, it becomes harder to do. Several years ago I did Weight Watchers and logged EVERY bit for almost a year. I lost 60# that year. But I went to a festival and it was not "convenient" to log and I didn't. After that, it was a struggle whereas before that it had been an obsession... log it and if you're over, put it down to experience.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Same here... But I liked your punch line.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options

I was hooked at discusting.... :laugh:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Log the booze.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am in agreement with a few other replies....with the drinking and everything else, I would just call the day a write-off and move on to today! :-)

Other than the puking, it sounds like it was a pretty damn good night! ;-)