Anyone Taking Vitamins or Supplements?

Options
I was curious as I have just started taking a multivitamin along with an Omega-3 and Vitamin E supplement. Was wondering if anyone else was supplementing their nutrition and with what?

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Fish oil capsules for me. A multivitamin on the days I don't get in much fruit and veg, but those days are very few and far between.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    • Fish Oil
    • Coconut Oil
    • Multi-Vitamins
    • Cinnamon
    • Biotin
    • Chromium
    • Green Tea Extract
    • Whey Protein: Post-lifting or days when I can't get to my protein cap. Aids muscle repair.
    • BCAA's (Branch Chain Amino Acids): before/during/after lifting. Really helps with the muscle soreness.

A few are for my diabetes... Cinnamon, Botin, Chromium
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I take gobs of them. Citracal calcium citrate, biotin, Ligavar, Centrum multi. Some of these are to counteract the negative consequences of prescription medicines I have to take. Some are to counteract the effects of wear and tear on joints. All of them have made noticeable improvements in my health. Most were suggested by my physicians. I was taking glucosamine chondroitin for my joints, which wasn't very effective for me and switched to Ligavar. Losing weight is also very productive for my joints.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    D3
    B12
    Iron
    Cranberry
    Magnesium
    Glucosamine
  • rosieg1979
    rosieg1979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Spatone (iron)
    Calcium
    Echiomega (omegas)
    Ultralife Life Max (v v v good multivitamin and minerals)
    Vegan protein powder

I am vegan, and dieting so am a bit paranoid about nutrition.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    everyday:
    multi-vitamin pack
    fish oil
    joint supplement
    coconut oil

pre/post workout:
    pre-workout powder(ripped freak)
    scaa's(blox)
    leucine
    creatine
    whey and beef protein blend(optimum nutrition gold standard and carnivor)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I do. I take:
    Biotin
    Niacin
    B6
    St Johns
    Ginko
    D (now that it's not summer and we're not outside as much, boo)
    and a muti.

The biotin is for my hair (it makes your hair grow like crazy) and the B6 is for energy. The niacin/st johns/ginko is a mood booster. The combo of those have made a massive difference in my life.
  • athryn
    athryn Posts: 59
    Options
    Multivitamin with Guarana
    D3
    Fish Oil
    Glucosamine/Joint Supplement
    Fiber
  • embjojo
    embjojo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I put soluble multivitamins and Jointace in my water bottle - makes the water taste good and I get my supplements too!
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Prenatals (that contain fish oil. Will probably continue these for a while after I have the baby. I like them better than most multi-vitamins)

Garlic Pills (my grandma swears by these, and since I took them when I was younger and was never sick, she might have a point)

Vitamin D3 (For joint and bone healthy, since I have known issues with my hips and joints. It also helps with moods, especially in the Winter, when I don't get enough sunlight)

St John's Wort (mood stabilizer. Trying to manage my ADD tendencies, as well as possible Depression/Bipolar without heavy medications. Works most of the time, but I have a mild case)
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Just a women's Centrum.
  • LizCO2DC
    LizCO2DC Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yep! I completely switched from traditional medicine to supplements, and I feel SO much better. I have hypo-thyroid, PCOS, and adrenal insufficiency.

Cinnamon
    Ashtwaganda
    D3
    B12
    Fish Oil
    Green Food
    Gastro Fiber
    NAC
    Multivitamin
    Adrenal Support
    Curcumin
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    D3
    Fish Oil
    Zinc/Magnesium
    Multi - Vitamin
    Vitamin C
    Pottasium
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I take a formula containing vitamine D, cysteine, methionine, biotine, zinc. vitamine B5, B6, B9.
  • gauping1
    gauping1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Absolutely and the one of the best so says my naturopathic Dr (and I agree) based on resluts is the multivitamin Glucobalance by Biotics research. They maintain a good metabolism, high energy.and immune properties. They are expensive but well worth it. I get mine at ProfessionalsupplementCenter.com
  • TanyaRochelle
    TanyaRochelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Vit D
    Magnesium
    women's multi
    looking for a good joint supplement

Has anyone tried FLEXOPLEX?
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    going to start a multi and magnesium this week.. Maybe my eyelid will stop twitching..
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that women should take calcium citrate 2x/day, so I started taking that. Supposed to help with weight loss, too!
    I also take a multivitamin, fish oil pills, and glucosamine/chondroitin.

I'm curious about people who take coconut oil--- do you take a pill, or eat the oil? What's it supposed to help with? And what type of oil do you use (extra-virgin, expeller pressed, ???) I started giving coconut oil to my dogs, it really makes a difference with a shiny coat.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that women should take calcium citrate 2x/day, so I started taking that. Supposed to help with weight loss, too!
    I also take a multivitamin, fish oil pills, and glucosamine/chondroitin.

I'm curious about people who take coconut oil--- do you take a pill, or eat the oil? What's it supposed to help with? And what type of oil do you use (extra-virgin, expeller pressed, ???) I started giving coconut oil to my dogs, it really makes a difference with a shiny coat.

I was told by my doctors to stop taking calcium supplements because it was linked to heart problems..
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    calcium+d
    womens one a day
    fish/flax/borage oil
    cinnamon
    glucosamine+chondroitin
    b complex
    BCAAs
    and protein shakes