zero calorie vodka

badtzmaru7979
badtzmaru7979 Posts: 41
edited September 18 in Food and Nutrition
hey everyone i just found out today that smirnoff makes a zero calorie vodka!! no more ruining your diet with alchohol!!!!!! woo hoo!!

Replies

• hey everyone i just found out today that smirnoff makes a zero calorie vodka!! no more ruining your diet with alchohol!!!!!! woo hoo!!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    No way!! That is awesome! That is always my biggest downfall. Exercising and dieting ALL week, then the weekend comes, and I go out..and kill EVERYTHING that I have done. Good to know! Thanks for the update!
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    I had to look this up for myself so I did, and while I couldn't find anything on Smirnoff's website I found an article on Squidoo, a site I had not heard of until today. The problem I see with this is that unless you wanna drink it straight, you're gonna have to mix it which is still going to give you calories.
    Also, if it's flavored with artificial sugar, that's not good either (I posted an article about the potential dangers of that about a month ago).
    I would also like to mention that vodka is the favorite drink of alcoholics, for the reason that it has no smell or flavor and cannot be detected (at least through smell) by friends and family. So be careful with this stuff. Just because it has no calories doesn't mean it's not without pitfalls.

That being said, thanks for the info, I'll have to give it a try next time I wanna have a few. Like St Patricks Day. :drinker: Happy St. Patty's Day!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    I think we have had this discussion before about the "0" calorie Vodka.......seems to me the outcome was that there really isn't a "0" Calorie vodka...
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    I am so thrilled if this is true. I am going to look out for this, and am getting off of here to check this out on the web. I mix vodka with diet soda or crystal light and this would mean absolutely zero calories. I am stoked. My fiance wants to have a few drinks with me now and then and either I have to struggle to fit in my calories or just say no. Lol. Thanks for posting
  • znbjt0
    znbjt0 Posts: 4 Member
    New Zero Calorie Vodka
    Smirnoff's new zero calorie vodka is now available in a wide variety of flavors including watermelon, black cherry, lime, citrus, green apple, grape, rasberry, and the traditional original flavor. It can be purchased at any local grocery store, gas station or liquor store. The price is $19.99 for 750 ml or $29.99 for 1.75 L

Media Advisory
    October 22, 2007
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Michelle Lewis
    MLewis@smirnoff.com
    504-655-7577
    611 E Daniel St, Champaign, IL, 61820

The Smirnoff Corporation's CEO Nicholas Sorenson will be appearing live on CNBC tomorrow night, Monday November 9, 2007 at 8 a.m. in New York City.

CEO Nicholas Sorenson will be promoting Smirnoff's newest product, zero calorie Vodka. He'll be explaining all of the nutrition facts as well as the flavors it is available in. Also Sorenson will announce when and where the product is available and at what cost.

Nicholas Sorenson has been with Smirnoff for over 15 years now and is excited about this new break through product. He has been a crucial part of Smirnoff promotions throughout the years and continues to earn the respect and loyalty of customers across the world.

Again, he will be appearing on CNBC on November 9, 2007 at 8 a.m.

His appearance will take place outside of the CNBC studio near the Smirnoff promotional tents and busses on the corner of Washington Street and State Street.

Smirnoff has been supplying quality vodka to consumers for over 100 years. For more information about the products please visit the website at http://netfiles.uiuc.edu/nscime2/www/web410revised/index.htm
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Or contact Linda Cox at
    LCox@smirnoff.com or (863-551-2947)

####
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    we did have this discussion and that exact message from smirnoff was posted and then icandoit discovered that the vodka had been discontinued or never released. It does not exist, I hate to tell all you alkies out there..lol.

Sorry to burst the bubble but it isn't true.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    it's dangerous to think that just because the vodka states it has no calories, that it isn't detremental to your weight loss plan. I'll explain.

The biggest factor in alcohol as a negative to weight loss is that alcohol is turned into acetate by the liver, then used as fuel by the body. This means that your body is now using this fuel instead of the food calories you have taken in (fat), also it won't be pulling any fat out of your stores to burn either.
    So it may say 0 calories, but sorry, there's no magic trick, you can't "drink all you want" because that alcohol is still retarding your weight loss. Once in a while? Sure, that's fine, 2 to 3 times a week or more. Forget it!

By the way, unless they found some new kind of Star trek alcohol, I can't see how you can remove the 64 calories/oz in vodka, and if it were true, don't you think they would advertise it on their website? I just went there and didn't see a peep about it.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Yeah its a definite no I am disappointed. I would love to be able to indulge once in a while and not have to think about one or two drinks sabotaging my successes for the day. Oh well! Guess I have to continue to be sober me. My indulgences are 2 bacardi and diet cokes a month
This discussion has been closed.