going out partying tonight, alcohol help?!

Options
2»

Replies

• today6212
    today6212 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i do vodka and water and bring the zero calorie pouches of propel(great to not have a hangover) or crystal light. it tastes goos and saves a lot of calories and sugar. have fun
  • To add my two cents, and in line with what many others have said, the trick is to stay away from the artificial sweeteners and empty calories that come with sodas and flavored mixes. Most liquors are generally about the same and make up a small portion of those drinks calories. Keep it natural and keep it light.

There are many great drinks with juices like cranberry, orange or grapefruit. Choose your favorite alcohol and throw in a splash of club soda, which is basically just agua con gas, to give the drink a great base. Then add your favorite garnish, like lemon, lime, orange, cherry (or mint like someone else mentioned!) and boom, your drink is ready.

Also, if you get them on the rocks, you can make the drink last longer while also getting some water to keep you hydrated :)

Happy Drinking!
  • ivykiki
    Options
    Have a LITTLE Vodka, switch to club soda with lime. No one will notice that you've switch because it looks like you're ordering vodka! You'll be the only not in pain tomorrow! Nice perk and you stayed on your plan!
  • shev11
    shev11 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    all I know is that whenever I drink I go about 1000 calories over my goal...
  • riviere1
    Options
    wow thankyou for all the great advice!

i stuck to vodka and had lemonade (low cal bitter lemonade) with it

and also had a couple of naughty drinks cos i think you're right in saying enjoy it if its a special night! ;)

ive written down all the drinks suggested hehe so yes much appreciation :)
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    First, people need to learn how to have fun without drinking. There is no law that you have to drink in such settings. BUT that wasn't the question. :)

If you're going to drink, I say limit it to two drinks, and make it whatever your favorite drink (or favorite 2 drinks) is/are, and drink them slowly, and really enjoy them. BUT Count them. in fact, if you can plug them into your diary ahead of time, it might help you plan the rest of your day a little better.