so it begins....

Options
hey folks. My name's Marc, i'm 24 and from East scotland.

I have recently been convinced by my work colleagues to start working on my weight. right now i'm 213lbs at 6ft tall and due to that i am considered overweight. over the past few months i have been trying to eat right but i think I've still been overdoing it in some areas. really what i want to do is up my game and get fit, drop a few jean sizes and above all, make myself feel like I've got a lot more energy to use than i do right now.

what I'm looking for right now is anyone who would be happy to start helping me out, give me some ideas on healthy, low calorie meals are quick and easy to cook, and basically get me on the path to thin-dom.

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Hi Marc, I am at opposite end of UK and age, and understand that it may be hard to start with, and jokingly, the "normal" Scottish diet is a bit of a national, deep fried, cliche as we all know

If you care to friend me you can see my food diary, I mainly cook from scratch, with lots of fresh veg & some fruit. I also really do read the calories on any packet / tinned food

And get yourself some good kitchen scales and start logging everything that you swallow, even if is labeled diet, low fat or no fat

PS I have just sent a friend request
  • sheepy23
    Options
    Farway,

thanks for the request, i've accepted it and am having a look at your diary just now. it's crazy how low your calorie intake is each day! teach me! haha.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Like I said, plenty of veg, but you will alos find pub lunches of steak & kidney pudding, pints of beer & the like

Just so you know it need not be salad & one crispbread every day