Hello All...

Options
Hello All...

I joined myfitnesspal about a week ago, but this is my first foray into the forums. I've struggled with my weight ever since I was in my late teens. About 1.5 years ago, I went on the hcg diet and managed to get down to 143 lbs. after a few rounds of it. I've struggled to maintain that weight for about a year now. I found that I had to stick with what amounted to the induction phase of Atkins during that whole time, otherwise I just gained weight back again...ugh! I managed to find motivation to stick with that routine because I got married in October, but since that time I have gained 14 lbs. back and just cannot stand the thought of ever eating another piece of bacon! During the past two months I mostly stuck with the Atkins thing, but I had brief periods of time when I ate "normally." Clearly, this wasn't working for me, although I do feel as though my rapid weight gain wasn't really deserved, because I certainly don't feel as though I ate enough to explain that amount of weight gain! :p

I am determined to get the weight back off and then to maintain somewhere around 143 lbs. At that weight, I feel good and all of my suits fit, which is exactly what I want. So far this week, I'm down 5 lbs., although obviously some of that is water weight...still, it's a good start. Christmas is fast approaching and I already know to expect to gain some weight over the holidays. I'm hoping that by eating carbs again this far in advance of the holidays, I won't see a huge weight gain simply because of the carbs. I cannot avoid carbs for the rest of my life...I just cannot do it!

Anyhow, I am impressed with this website and the practical sensibility it offers. I hope that y'all will be a means of support and I hope to provide some support in return.

Take care...
Colleen/aka TheRealMrsRobinson

Replies

• bennysammysofie
    Options
    MFP works so well if you bc you just track your intake...exercise in a way that fits your lifestyle and it will come off slowly and permentantly :) happy eating! :)