5'0 and 210 pounds UHG I know right?

Options
I had a baby 7 months ago, I only put on maybe 20 pounds with the actual pregnancy, but then i put on 80 pounds due to a deep depression caused by finding out my newborn sons father was a cheating, drug addict, thief and liar... so my life got turned upside down.

but I'm not here to find Dr phil (I hate that *kitten* hole anyways :P )

I am here to get some tips on how to get this whole persons worth of extra fat off me!

I'd like to lose atleast 80 pounds

I've started doing a WII Dance workout every morning before breakfast.
and I go to the pool for half an hour to an hour every other day if I can help it.

I guess I am looking for a diet plan..

help?

Replies

• reinventingandrea
    Options
    Your story sounds a lot like mine with the weight gain after the baby. I'm 5'4 and when I started here at MFP I weighed 360 pounds. Add me as a friend, if you'd like and we can keep each other encouraged and motivated.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure there's a good plan, just healthy eating - lots of lean meats, veggies, and whole grains. When you go to the grocery store, shop the perimeter and avoid the sodium-packed, processed boxed foods in the middle. Meet the calorie goal MFP gave you and make adjustments as necessary. Also, MFP sets your protein low so you probably want to raise that to 20-30% instead of the default 15%.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Check this out:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

The way to make this work is to change your lifestyle to a healthy one, which is much easier than any diet, and much more effective too.

The only draw-back is that it takes a little time. So if you're not okay with losing ten pounds a month, you will have to find another way :-)
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    This website has an awesome food tracker. If you record what you eat truthfully, it will really open your eyes as to where you can clean up your eating habits. You don't have to go crazy with the cardio, plain old walking three times a week for 30-60 minutes will make a big difference...and you have to be patient, and don't say "to hell with it" and give it all up after a day of bad eating.
  • katatonickitten
    katatonickitten Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tips and encouragement!