if i eat back all my calories will i lose weight?

Options
I was wondering this because i'm calculating precisely my food calories and also calories i burn during workouts because i've been following my diet and weight loss programm since almost 3 months ago and of course now i've reached already good results but most of times i had my net calories under 1000 and so i was worried a little bit about starvation mode so since a little bit i've started eating all my calories back so i'm sure that at least i eat 1200 calories but WILL I STILL LOSE WEIGHT OR IT'S GONNA BE HARDER ?

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    As long as you are providing your body with less energy in the form of calories below what's needed to maintain your weight relative to activity level, you will reduce body fat. Establish what is the maximum amount of calories you can eat while exercising moderately (up to an hour daily, 3-5 days a week) and that is your actual maintenance. I recommend that people actually experience this rather than do the TDEE formulas since those can be off for some people for various reasons. Once you do this, then you can establish the appropriate deficit according to how much fat mass you have and can realistically lose per week. At your weight, you should only be eating no greater than 500 calories below actual maintenance, but 375 calories below would be more ideal. It will be slow but most importantly steady with less down-regulation of your metabolism and hormones that regulate hunger/satiety.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I don't make an effort to eat mine back and that seems to work for me. When I did eat them all back I didn't lose weight, I gained. But everyone is different, just see if it works for you. Some people have alot of luck with it. I have my settings to eat 1500 calories a day. I usually eat around 1400-1600, maybe 17-1800 sometimes. If I work out and burn 300, and my net goes to 1200 that's fine.