Thanksgiving NSV with a 10.3 lb. gain!

I took the entire week of Thanksgiving off. I measured and worked out the Saturday morning before Thanksgiving and then left for vacay. I ate anything and everything I wanted for 7 days and I didn't work out at all. I returned home the Friday after Thanksgiving and measured the following morning at a whopping 10.3 pound gain.

Now here is the NSV. I didn't panic. Instead I went right back to my regular food, regular workouts, etc. This morning is exactly one week later and not only is the 10.3 lbs gone, but so is an additional 1.1 lbs.

The moral of this story is DO NOT BE A SLAVE TO YOUR SCALE!. Be consistant with what you are doing and it will eventually pay off.

Also, that 10 lbs showed me that if you eat garbage, your body reacts. I felt like a deflating baloon all week. :tongue:

Replies

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Great post, thank you for reminding us to be consistent....a bump is just a bump and not an excuse to give up :)
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    That is awesome, your dedication and great attitude is inspirational!! Well done! :)
  • blf20
    blf20 Posts: 97 Member
    Thanks for posting this. It's a good reminder at any time but especially now with the Christmas holidays looming ahead. Enjoy responsibly, then get back on the bandwagon.
  • Thanks for the post! I went through a similar thing this past Thanksgiving.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Well done you!
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Same thing for me! Mine wasn't quite 10lbs but it was enough to make me momentarily freak out and then I took a deep breath and went back to normal and lost it quickly plus another pound too. :) Congrats to you too!!!!
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Great post! Thanks for the reminder. :)
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    how does one gain 10lbs in a week... you were either starving yourself before or you at a lot of salty foods... either way it is only a bump in the road that you can overcome.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    I can't say the same thing for me but that is awesome. I gained 6 to 7 pounds and it has taken me all week to lose it again, I am now 0.5 pounds away..I think though that with the added exercise I have been doing all week I am not being fair to myself. I increased my workout by an hour a day.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Thanks for this..mentally pinning it for when i go on vacation in about 3 weeks. :)
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Now that's an NSV I will have to remember for Christmas!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!