Old dog, new tricks.

Options
I suppose that's an appropriate title.... even though at 21 I'm not exactly OLD. (;

Hi! New to the site, not new to weight loss. When I was 16 I weighed around 300lbs. I started working on changing my diet and getting more exercise and by the time I turned 17, I was at 5'6" and 120lbs. I logged my food every day at another site, worked out almost every day, and ate as well as I could. BUT, that was before I started my first job and some family drama got in the way. After I got the job, the constantly changing schedules wrecked the schedule I had for my fitness. I gave up for a while, gained back a little bit but not nearly as much, and I have lost a little bit of that so far. I moved here from another tracking site because it is SO much easier. The other site was a bit too complicated, and the app which I track on most of the time never worked so I would only track half the time. Here, I can track every single day with no frustrations. I still have some things to work on and get back to, but I am on the right track so far.

Unfortunately I have no support from the people who should support my weight loss. My mother for example hates it and thinks I should stay unhealthy and eat fast food every day because it's "normal." A little motivation from someone out there could help a lot on bad days. I would love to offer up some motivation for those who need it as well.

Replies

• prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hey Ashley..I'm AM an old dog..and I have learned most of the tricks..I just get forgetful, lazy or stubborn sometimes..besides..I have a cat brain so I do what I want most of the time..regardless of what I've learned..

Stick to your instincts... and BRAVO to you for stepping away from the family drama that's holding you back..

Welcome to MFP!!!

I'm sending you a friend request
  • bhhblue
    bhhblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey ash, I completely know how it is to have family be completely unsupportive.My parents dont really encourage working out or eating healthy. Feel free to add me.