Handy calculations to do :-)

ccdo
ccdo Posts: 217
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
To calculate acutal weight for the whole week::::::total your weight of 7 days and then divide by 7 and this is ur real weight , do the same caluculation for measurements too

To caluclate calories:::::::any foods that say 100g and u only want 50g divide by 2 and keep dividing by 2 and u get the lowest calorie foods this way u can restrict ur calories big time without goin over ur calorie goal

if ur hungry drink water cause alot of the time your body is thirsty and not hungry and alot of people subsitute food for water so try this method first before eatin any snacks

to prevent water weight drink 2-3 litres of water during excercise and water before bed and as soon as you get up to keep your body hydrated and not dehydrated as ive learned recently

if you want to prevent a binge day or cheat day use the calculation above of cuttin calories in half and this way you will always be able to eat low calorie chocolate or whatever snacks you are craving

to prevent high sugar levels within your food diary eat only half a piece of fruit this halves the content of high sugar and will allow you to eat other things that wont push number aove the stated amount on this site

obvisouly we all know to weight ourselves same time everyday and in the same clothes preferably or birthday suit and use caluculation above this will keep you motivated to know the real weight without stressin over a pound gained on some days this is usually food weight and water weight combined

good luck to everyone on their journey with weight loss :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ccdo
    if your still hungry after eating this is a sign that your metabolism is fast and workin at full speed :smile:
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Unless you are a diabetic or you get most of your sugar from processed food or adding refined sugar, you should not track sugars. Really the only important aspect of sugars is how quickly they are converted to the energy your body can use.
    Track your sodium intake, as this can have a huge impact on what your scale tells you. Too much sodium, more retained water and more weight on the scale. Plus you will find that packaged/prepared/resturant food are LOADED with more sodium than most of use should have in a day...per meal...:noway:
    Best calulation you can do is to budget for a little extra cost at the market and buy the most natural things to eat. That way you don't need a degree is advanced Chemistry to read the ingredients on your meals...:sick:
    Good luck to all!
  • ccdo
    :flowerforyou:
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    ccdo:

I was reading your profile page and was wondering how tall you are. I worry a little that you may be a little to obsessed with maintaining your weight almost to an unhealthy point. What do you eat in an average day? Just curious and don't take it to heart I am not judging you by any means and I am not jealous of your size either. I just had some warning flags pop up in my head and was a little concerned about you.

Debi
  • ccdo
    ccdo:

I was reading your profile page and was wondering how tall you are. I worry a little that you may be a little to obsessed with maintaining your weight almost to an unhealthy point. What do you eat in an average day? Just curious and don't take it to heart I am not judging you by any means and I am not jealous of your size either. I just had some warning flags pop up in my head and was a little concerned about you.

Debi

no need to worry about me at all hehehehe i eat practically everythin my parents eat and i never starve myself at all i love my food and i make sure to eat 1200 but i also burn 700 and its so hard to eat all my excercise calories i just want to maintain the weight i have achived for my birthday in april

im 5 ft 1. dont be concerned at all im fine i just have an extremely high metabolism and no matter how much i eat its all burned off even when im sittin down and i dont even gain a single lb at all its kind of strange but i cant help it :flowerforyou:
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    :smile: :flowerforyou: glad to hear it. I only wish that I had your metabolism... I think its great and good luck with the maintenance!
  • ccdo
    :smile: :flowerforyou: glad to hear it. I only wish that I had your metabolism... I think its great and good luck with the maintenance!

thanks honey :flowerforyou:
  • :smile: :flowerforyou: glad to hear it. I only wish that I had your metabolism... I think its great and good luck with the maintenance!

You are just about the sweetest woman on this site!! How nice of you to watch out for the health and well-being of someone else. :] :flowerforyou: Your post really made me smile. Thank you for the afternoon pick me up!
This discussion has been closed.