32 minutes...

Options
I just sat and watched tv for the past 32 minutes - during the past 32 minutes the show that I was watching was on for 21 minutes what did I see the other 11 minutes? FOOD! Seriously FOOD. Pepsi, Red Lobster (seafood dipped in butter and a fried food of some sort), Doritos, Chilis (featured a huge burger), Gogurt, Trix cereal, Outback Steakhouse(that bloomin onion was shown in between the steaks and laoded potatos), McDonalds, DAnimals yogurt, Duncan /himes brownies and Lays potato chips. The only other two commercials in between all of these were - have you gueesed it yet - one for Nutrisystem and one for Jenny Craig.......hello? Serioulsy?

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I know!! It's nuts! Everyone is responsible for themselves and their choices, but that being said, America's Big Food industry is really working hard out there!
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    That is bananas!!! HA! I just used more food! No wonder I am on this site!

Seriously, though, that is crazy! We noticed that on SATC, too! They are ALWAYS eating, but there are NEVER at the gym!!! WTH??! LOL
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Maybe that is what is helping me... ??... Television hasn't been on hardly at all for weeks now... just the CD player with my music... I watch a couple of shows during the week and the news for about a 1/2 hour in the morning... hmmmm.... I wonder. I never thougt too much about it but you're right about all the ads for 'food' and they are the wrong foods usually... :flowerforyou:
  • rkascak
    rkascak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Its Nuts!
    But i must say that I love that Applebees has come out with under 550 calorie meals
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    That's so sad/funny/scary I don't know where to go with my emotions. If you're interested rent the movie "Food, Inc" and read the book "The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan. You will never look at your food the same way again.:sick: