How often / what day do you weigh yourself?

Options
I just got myself a scale, to better track my progress! I don't plan on going crazy with it, and I'm thinking once a week weigh in would be enough? What do you guys do?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    I've adjusted my diet by how I look naked, I don't use a scale. I have weighed myself a few times over the last few years and I've lost about 40lbs or so, but put on quite a bit of muscle over that time because I didn't like what I saw in the mirror lol..
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    once a week every saturday morning.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Haven't weighed myself since April this year. The scale sucks
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Always a good idea to track your measurements in addition to weighing.

I personally weigh myself whenever I feel like it.
    I "officially" weigh myself every two weeks the morning after my day off from the gym. (doing it at the same time of day is key)
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Every morning when I wake up. I can't help myself. I like to see how the food I ate the previous night impacts my weight, but I try to only officially weigh in 1-2 times a week.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Every day but I only log it on MFP twice a month. Every other Sunday when I first wake up before I've eaten anything.Normally it's been about 10 hours since my last meal when I weigh in and record it
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Every morning when I wake up. I can't help myself. I like to see how the food I ate the previous night impacts my weight, but I try to only officially weigh in 1-2 times a week.

Same here. I weigh myself every morning. Usually dont weigh in on here but once a week.
  • lhs1965
    lhs1965 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Friday mornings:smile:
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I am weighing myself this evening after being on the healthy plan for 2 weeks.

Intending to weigh myself every week on the same day and at the same time.

Really want to weigh myself every morning and evening but I worry that I would get obsessed!
  • Kitty_Kat_meow
    Options
    I weigh myself about once a week and also use additional measurements of body fat %, water %, waist, bust and hips. It all depends on what matters to you, for me it was waist and hips that mainly bothers me but I know some people focus on other areas.
  • cdpark617
    cdpark617 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Multiple times a day. It has worked wonders for me and gives me a real sense of control.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on Mondays.
  • jdforshort
    jdforshort Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Used to weigh once a week but started doing it every morning as I wanted to monitor my day to day fluctuations! drives me crazy sometimes but keeps me on track! Scale and I have the usual love/hate relationship :tongue:
  • topshopperwantabe
    topshopperwantabe Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    once a week, Friday morning and I check it in on MFP, the good and the bad.
  • broodmom
    Options
    Any weight loss program will tell you to weigh yourself once a week. Your weight fluctuates daily, but it's the weekly weight loss that shows how you're doing. I weigh myself officially on Friday mornings just before taking a shower, and dont pay attention to the other times I step on the scale. I really should move it away from where it's more convenient. It's so satisfying when Friday comes and I've lost weight, even if it's only half a pound. Generally I try to lose 2 lb. a week, which really adds up over the long run.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I use to be really good at weighing once a week on a certain day at a certain time of day.. but as I'm nearing my goal, I jump on it everyday lol. I know I shouldn't but in a way, I think it helps me stay on track. However, I still only log my weight on that one certain day, so I ultimately see a trend of once a week which is the most accurate.
  • HDimple
    Options

Same here. I weigh myself every morning. Usually dont weigh in on here but once a week.

oh me too just can't control myself
    I wanna change this habit
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Everyday, and I log it everyday!
  • bzrpz727
    bzrpz727 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just about every morning because of temptation, but officially to keep record, every Wednesday morning. I also take measurements and calculate Body Fat % once a week.
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I wake up, go to the bathroom, and weigh myself (completely naked), and then enter it in on my Libra for Android app. If you have an Android phone, it's a great app for tracking your weight and seeing your weight trends. I don't listen to people who say you shouldn't weigh yourself every day, it helps me keep better track of my weight if I see the daily fluctuations and the trends over time. I think it's better to weigh yourself often and keep track of it. Just don't assume that because the scale shows a pound more or less one day means you "gained" or "lost" weight, realize it's just a fluctuation. Pay attention to the trend.