It has really hit me...

Options
What a difference a supportive partner can make!!!

I am a divorced single mom of 4 for the last 4 years...with a new SO for the last year....not living together...but he is around a lot for dinner..

I started this road....for ME....but was so not expecting such a positive reaction as I never would have gotten one in the past...

I take ownership for where I am at with my weight...but I did pick up many of my bad eating habits from my ex and his picky eating of only crapola....but I did have a choice...I know that...

We (kids and I) have improved to a kid friendly medium healthy diet...but now that I want to really go that extra mile...

It is so nice to have another adult around that not only doesn't mind me trying out a second dish at supper as a ultra healthy option...is actually choosing it over the kid friendly option and raving on most of it....

The kids get a little on their plate too...sometimes a go...sometimes not...lol

This can be done...and I know I have to do it for myself....but damn a positive attitude from others goes a LONG WAY!

He knows it is lifestyle change...not a diet....

How supportive is it in your house?

Replies

• pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    He sounds like a keeper. I know I have kept my supportive guy, been married 31 yrs.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are doing this together. He has lost around 130 to date and I am currently at 54 lbs lost. Was 64 lbs but I broke my leg and have had to take a break causing me to gain 10 lbs. I am getting back on track now. And wouldn't be able to do this without him and his support!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    What do you mean "kid friendly" meals? Your kids should be eating as healthy as you are.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Im so happy with my man. He is behind me 100% and never doubts and allways encourages me and tells me what a beast I am. He is such a gift too me. it hasnt allways been that way with other men ive dated. but this one. is so so good. everyday i wake up and i know how lucky i am.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Yay for you. This is why I refer to "partners" even in hetero relationships. If you think about it, its a pretty high bar.

If you're in a relationship where your partner's input makes problems harder rather than easier where you feel lonely or sad or less capable then it isn't really a partnership but an anchor really. And you and the anchor deserve better.

Yay OP that this doesn't apply to you anymore
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    What do you mean "kid friendly" meals? Your kids should be eating as healthy as you are.

do you have kids? lol

Yes, I agree the kids should eat healthy as well...but if I am making a mix of sauteed veggies and with brussel sprouts and such....just realistic that they will not touch it...

Doesn't mean they don't have a pile of carrots and a pile of brocolli on their plate though...
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    My husband is a doll. First thing is he stopped bringing me fattening treats as a surprise.

Although we rarely eat together because of our work schedules, when we do he always reiterates he's happy with having whatever I'm having. If I ask, he'll always go on a walk, jog or run stairs with me. If he makes coffee for us he'll bring me a cup with the cream and a measuring spoon too, lol.

I'm not surprised though, he's always been behind whatever I want to do.
  • thatsillyshana
    Options
    Thats awesome! I need some kid friendly recipes (no kids, just picky eater). My bf wants to be healthy, then comes home with ice cream, pizza, and mountain dew. He wants to be fit, but doesn't work towards it.
  • iamkarent
    Options
    Glad to hear of so much support!
  • mangoos
    mangoos Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My husband is a keeper (and I intend to keep him:blushing: ).He LOVES to cook. He says that cooking keeps him relax. And he does pick healthy menu so it won't go over my calorie count. :bigsmile:
  • iamkarent
    Options
    Yes, I have most certainly found myself a keeper....and I tell him everyday :)