Replies

• busycitystreets
    busycitystreets Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • kellystr8
    kellystr8 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm 5' 7" and weigh 155lbs down from 215! I look like you did at 155lbs when I was that heavy, but I want to stop at 145 because I'll look too skinny in the 130's. Maybe I'll post before and afters sometime.
  • 22pirtle
    Options
    You look amazing. This is such a great motivating picture for us that are in your old shoes. Congrats on the hard work and healthy eating.
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! Gives me some more motivation.. I'm 150 and trying to get down there.
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    your starting is close to what I am now 5'6" 150. Can't wait to get to 130 :)

I'm at 150 now (also 5'6"), but started at 192. I cannot wait to hit 135 or so...we'll so how I feel there. I should take some photos now so that I can have an after photo! There was no way anyone was taking a picture of me when I weighed 192! My current profile pic is at about 160.
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    your starting is close to what I am now 5'6" 150. Can't wait to get to 130 :)

I'm at 150 now (also 5'6"), but started at 192. I cannot wait to hit 135 or so...we'll so how I feel there. I should take some photos now so that I can have an after photo! There was no way anyone was taking a picture of me when I weighed 192! My current profile pic is at about 160.

I started wishing I had done a before pic once people starting commenting on my loss. I tried once but I deleted it lol. I was actually kind of happy to find this picture and to still have this bathing suit on hand. I think you should just take one and hide it deep in your computer and forget about it for a few months -- you may be happy you did!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Looking good!

Where did you get the suit?
  • shortie563
    Options
    you look amazing, congrats on the hard work! what is your diet like throughout the day?
  • shortie563
    Options
    you've just inspired me to do a before pic since I'm just starting out! haha
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I'm 5'7 too, started about 150, got down to 132 with just cardio and calorie courting, then couldn't get any lower no matter what I tried. Then I started NROL4W, now I fluctuate between 133-136. Haven't lost many inches either, definitely have more muscle though. Just saying, if your goal is to lose more pounds, keep doing exactly what you're doing until it doesn't work anymore. If you start weights your scale number may not decrease much more, in my opinion, from my experience anyway.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    great job on your loss, however, 120 is a bit for a woman how is 5 7 even with a small frame. the link bellow shows you what a woman with whatever type of frame ideal weight is you input height, frame size and sex for your height and frame size it states 126-130 is ideal even these types of calculators can under estimate though. The best way to know for sure how much extra body fat you have is by having a body comp. done. I had one done and found out that while I am 5 6.... 166 pounds of me is not fat but muscle, bones, water, organs etc. and as a woman you need a certain amount of fat in order for biological process to work and function properly. So needless to say please don't focus on the number on the scale. As others have mentioned focus on toning

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/ideal_body_weight.htm
  • katealbright
    Options
    Looking good!

Where did you get the suit?

Target a few years ago :)
  • katealbright
    Options
    you look amazing, congrats on the hard work! what is your diet like throughout the day?

I try to keep 55% carb, 25% fat, and 20% pro and eat 4-6x a day at 100-400 calorie meals (usually 200-300).
    I'm vegan and I don't eat a lot of grains -- no pasta, rice, bread, etc. For breakfast I have oats or high fiber/protein cereal, those are really the only grains I have other than the occasional half bagel. I'm gluten free other than breakfast.
    Mostly I eat veggies (at least one meal raw salad usually). I cannot emphasize how much mostly what I eat is either raw or cooked veggies with some sort of beans or bean product (sprouted tofu/tempeh and raw bean sprouts or cooked/canned beans). I also eat about a serving of raw almonds and about 2 pieces of fruit daily. I occasionally have quinoa or I make soup or casseroles to last for few days. I do make a soy/fruit/cocoa powder smoothie almost every day lol I love them.
    I recently started using coconut oil instead of olive for high heat cooking, but I don't use much (<1 tsp a meal). And if I ever add sugar, which is rare, it is raw agave or honey. Recently stopped adding salt too, mostly.
    That being said, I eat out quite a bit for lunch. Places like Subway, Pita Pit, Designer Greens, Chipotle, random Greek places -- but I get salads loaded with almost every veggie they have and no dressing (just lemon juice) or a very light dressing (<100 cal). I used to even work in pizza with my bf (thin crust, no cheese), but I've stopped now that he moved and I have no reason to eat pizza anymore.
    So yeah, I try to keep it clean other than soy products which just make my life so much easier lol.
  • flower607
    flower607 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ha this is exactly what I was looking for , I too Im 5'7 and have a small frame ,hoping to get to 135 ,and this is the perfect motivation! I just started trying to get back on track after past the healthy scale on the BMI for my first time ever. For now I've just focused on my diet, and now that im around my "natural" or past regular weight , Im ready to start working out. I just cant decide if I want to start with the Jillian tapes, or P90x , and I've got them both. Im leaning towards starting with a round of 30 day shred, to prep my body for exercise and then muster up the courage for P90x.- Sound like a good idea?
  • aubry87
    aubry87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have similar stats, great motivation!
  • alijane9
    alijane9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look fantastic!
    Thank you soooo much for your motivating pics. I'm now down to your starting weight and just needed a little push to remind myself what I could look like if I work on losing a little fat and working out a bit more. I might be 5'7" but I am nearly twice your age...so I'll be really interested to see what I look like in my swimsuit :smile:
    Well done
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    Awesome job sexy ;}
  • katealbright
    Options
    Ha this is exactly what I was looking for , I too Im 5'7 and have a small frame ,hoping to get to 135 ,and this is the perfect motivation! I just started trying to get back on track after past the healthy scale on the BMI for my first time ever. For now I've just focused on my diet, and now that im around my "natural" or past regular weight , Im ready to start working out. I just cant decide if I want to start with the Jillian tapes, or P90x , and I've got them both. Im leaning towards starting with a round of 30 day shred, to prep my body for exercise and then muster up the courage for P90x.- Sound like a good idea?

Yeah that sounds good. I tried some of the P90x and it was too hard to sustain regularly, I think it still would be, I would be too sore. 30DS is a lot of arms for me, actually all of the Jillian Michaels DVDs are, so I would recommend also doing Killer Buns and Thighs (it really is killer!) and Six Week Six Pack too. I think Ripped in 30 feels a bit more balanced than 30DS if you want to stick to just one though. However that's just me, I have very weak arms.
  • flower607
    flower607 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advise :)
  • AfroKaos
    Options
    I think 130 looks rull, rull good on you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!