Fit by forty friends!

Options
I'll be 40 in about 14 months. I REALLY want to reach my goal weight by the time I'm 40!!! I can do it if I remain consistent and make some LIFESTYLE CHANGES and STOP DIETING!!!! My goal is to lose 1 pound per week......

If your in the same situation as me.... Wanting to be fit by forty.... Let's be friends and support each other!

Replies

• Scotslass1973
    Scotslass1973 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 in May next year and just started with exercise etc so am up for a friend along the way. :happy:
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I'll be 40 in August. Feel free to add me!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just turned 38 on thanksgiving day. I would live to get fit w/ you:)
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Oh! Oh! Me! Me! Over here!

I turn 40 in January 2014 and would love to be near goal (140 by 40, which is another 30lbs away) and accomplished some fitness goals.
  • dgirdeen
    Options
    I'll be 40 next September 2013. We can do it this time!
  • Touchdown73
    Touchdown73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I got about 3 weeks! (Jan 1). Good thing I started a little earlier in the year. Feel free to add me.
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Same goal here. Started as a confirmed coach potato but hope to to end 2012 with two 5Ks complete (done), complete 30 Day Shred (done) and Ripped in 30 (only started day 1 so far)

I am stunned at the progress I have made so far, but feel I still have a long way to go to be FIT. If I could do a few pull-ups by 40, I will be psyched!! My goal for 2013 is to compete in a Sprint Triathlon.

Please add me and let's do this together!
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I turned 41 a couple of weeks ago and I am in the best shape since I was a high school athlete. I wish I would have started sooner so I would have been here when I turned 40! Feel free to add me.
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Add me people, I have been looking for this group! Too old for the 30's too young for the 40's lol. :)
  • grapeape09
    Options
    I turn 40 September 2013 & the plan is to be in the best shape of my life. I stopped watching the scale and am focusing on getting strong. We can do this!
  • notabrat1
    notabrat1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've got about a year and 1/2 till I'm 40:grumble: . I would love to have more friends with my goals and in my age group:flowerforyou: ! We can so do this:laugh: !!!! Let's be fit and fabulous in our 40's:bigsmile: !!!!
  • Biffa92
    Biffa92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Obviously if I actually was going to turn 40 in June 2014 then I would love to join you, but I am not, I plan to remain in my 30's for at least another 12 years.....??? So no, can't join you sorry........
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thats what I say too, fit by forty:) And once I get there I never want to go back. I've been so close too many times to not get to my goals.
  • Toshiana123
    Options
    Add me please! I will be 40 in 2013!
  • aimeev2
    aimeev2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP and am in the same boat as you. I'll be 40 next August (though my official story is that I'm "forever 39"!) and my goal is to lose the extra 30 lbs I've been carrying by that time.

Hi to everyone and feel free to add me!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Aggh, I only have two months!

However, even if I might not be at my final goal by 40, I could make some definite improvements by then. I am trying to claw my way back onto the wagon, so to speak.

If you start a group page, let us know so we can all pile on!
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I started my Fit by 40 on Feb. 20, 2012. To date I have lost 62 pounds and have 16 to go. I will be turning 40 in April! I have NOT dieted! I have eaten healthy and worked out almost every day!! It has been a life change for me! I can't wait to post my pictures in April. Best of luck to you!
  • katattak73
    Options
    my goal is to lose 40lbs by the time i turn 40 yrs in March of 2013...feel free to add me ;)
  • Sabdavis
    Sabdavis Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That was my original goal... to be fit by 40. Turned 40 in March of 2012 and had lost the majority of my weight by then. Now I'm wanting to lose the rest by 41... I'm with you guys!
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am 40 in less than two weeks! EEK!:noway:

Definitely would appreciate the support of others my age!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!