Losing Motivation

Options
Well, it is my 9th week of trying to lose weight and I am starting to slowly slip back into my old ways. I know what I am doing wrong, but I just don't care at the moment. I start to feel really negative about the whole thing..... Then I look back and kick myself.

What do you guys do to boost up motivation back to where it should be?

Replies

• His_Kelly
    His_Kelly Posts: 248
    Options
    Well, it is my 9th week of trying to lose weight and I am starting to slowly slip back into my old ways. I know what I am doing wrong, but I just don't care at the moment. I start to feel really negative about the whole thing..... Then I look back and kick myself.

• zombiesniper
    Options
    Whenever i get the feeling i'm going back to my old ways, i got to what my Dr. said, "if you don't quit smoking and lose some damn wieght, I will be seeing you at your funeral!! " And really I have a few more fishing trips and places to see so gets me back to being motivated. Also i bought of jeans when i started this i was in a 42 now I can squeeze into a 38 but i have a pair of 36 so thats what i shoot for.

Keep it up
  • Heatmiser
    Heatmiser Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would try to do a little bit of exercise. It will boost your seratonin levels and change your mood a little and I find when I exercise, I have an easier time sticking to my eating better because I dont' want to undo what I just did. Even if it is as little as 10 mins, its a start. Stop beating yourself up, it is never to late to get yourself going again. We have all been there. Good luck, let us know when you get your groove back!:smile:
  • RhondaV
    RhondaV Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    DON'T FORGET ABOUT YOUR WEDDING IN DECEMBER!!
    YOU HAVE ALREADY LOST 19 LBS!! THAT'S MAJOR - YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY, DON'T STOP NOW!!

JUST THINK HOW BEAUTIFUL YOU WILL BE........
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    wedding in December?! oh there you go! use that!....how cool!:flowerforyou:
    well lately I've been "making" myself exercise...even when I whine to myself and say one day off won't kill me...I mean its only one day...then the good Ali comes in and tells slacker Ali...just go exercise girl! don't go down that road again! sigh

What I do is give myself like a 20 min tape that day...or say I'll run for 20 mins....I always end up doing more because you get into it and after! oh I'm totally motivated again....So I totally sympathize w/ you but basically you have to make yourself do it....you'll love the way you feel after!

hugs and best of luck!
    ALi
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I'm with some of the other posts. Sometimes you just have to make yourself even when you don't feel like it.....that's what gets you to your goal. Be careful, though. High stress times will sabotage your efforts. I know you just saw your fiance not long ago and now you're back to the grind. Keep doing what you know is right and in a bit of time, you'll feel strong again to continue on to the end!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    P.S. You're almost 1/3 of the way to your goal! Don't lose heart!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Motivation is here! I just get lost in the boards, and now with the chat that banks set up, it could be instant motivation!

I really need to log all my food or I start backsliding. Even if it is 1000 calories over. Just to not let it get away from me. Sometimes I just estimate, but try to log it at least. I recently gained three pound after only four days of thinking I had it in my head.

:noway:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    One thing I very rarely done was to look in a full length mirror.:grumble: But now I do , and even worse naked:noway: Your probably not as bad as shape as I am , but I don't like who I see in that mirror. Plus it is very important for your health, I know you probably hear that all the time. But the extra weight will cause you some very serious health problems, especially when you get older. I saw I man on TV last night that had lost 500lbs , without surgery, just eating the foods we are. Can you imagine ? Wow that should motivate us all. :smile:
  • shellynbuzz
    Options
    Try to think of yourself in December, after you gave up......(uncomfortable wishing you had stuck with it).....Now think of yourself in December when you stayed focused, realized that setbacks happen, but you got right back into it again.......(hot sexy bride).....You can do this, do something special for yourself that doesn't involve food. You have already lost 19lbs? That is great!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

Hey! I know it's hard. I am having a hard day today myself. I am down about 68 lbs now since September and have another 67ish to goal. The thing that keeps me going (besides my son, health, etc), is knowing that by Summer I can either be down a lot more weight or be the same weight I am right now. Because, time will continue to move on whether we choose to lose or not. And I hate the thought of giving up and June arriving and knowing how much more weight I COULD have lost if I had just stuck with it. I know it seems like it will take forever but the time will be moving anyway, might as well be losing some weight while it does!! :) Take it a week at a time, and you will be GREAT!!
  • helw31
    helw31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just remember why u started in the first place. Visualise the time u decided to lose weight and remember how u felt when the weight first started coming off. Don't lose motivation u can do it!:happy:
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I take off my shirt and look in the mirror. Remember the old Special K commercial? I can pinch WAAAAYYYYY more than an inch. I'm also hitting with our tennis team. It gives me great satisfaction to whip a 17 year-old on the court.
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with LockCJ...Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you are really happy with what you see? Then, ask yourself how do you feel?

THEN PULL OUT THE BIG GUNS...."Summer is around the corner"... try on a pair of shorts or put your bathing suit on and look in the mirror....that's enough motivation for me!!!:laugh: