I did it. I ran my first mile ever

Options
I ran my first mile ever. I ran it non stop. I did it. I'm so proud of myself. My ex told me I could never run that I was to fat to run. That I would never amount to anything or do anything with my weight. Haha look at me I ran my first mile. Sorry for my little rant. I'm so proud of myself <3:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!

Use your ex as the fire under your butt to keep going. Pft, can't run a mile? Watch him see you run TWO :)

keep at it!!
  • brengearhart
    brengearhart Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! You proved them all wrong, was once in your shoes was told no one would want me, that I was too fat to love.. but funny how I'm the one happily remarried and he's never even been with another woman since I left him 10 years ago!! Keep up the great work!!! And CONGRATS!!!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    HELL YEAH! Congrats! I'm still waaaay too scared to even try running half a mile. This is great inspiration!
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!! You SHOULD BE PROUD!!!!!! I do not know ya but I am prouf for ya!!! I have been running for about a year a half now....I remember when I ran my first mile....I screamed a loud "YAY!!" and everyone looked at me, but I didnt care!! I quickly got off the treadmill and went to find someone I knew to tell!!!!

Hooray for you!!!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yay you! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Dementedllama
    Dementedllama Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! I just did it myself two weeks ago. It is such an amazing feeling. Keep it up! :)
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You ROCK! I could cry for you, I know how proud it feels! That first mile is AWESOME!
  • samzchevy
    samzchevy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! Dont let anyone tell you cant do something!! Do it and prove them wrong! :smile:
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Good on you! Living well is the best revenge.:flowerforyou:
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    That's both awesome and inspiring.

Way to go!
  • moesaid2
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!! I'm happy for you!!! Keep it up
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Way to go! It gets easier and more exciting! You should go ahead and signup for a 5k to have something to work towards!
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • sivankeren
    sivankeren Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You should be proud! I wish I would be able to run a mile non-stop
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! Hope it is the first of many! Happy trails!
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    1st mile down and many more to come. Keep up the good work!
  • kimconrad
    Options
    WTG!!!! Glad you shared your accomplishment with us!! I couldn't run a quarter-of-a-mile this summer because I was so out of shape. Today, I ran 5 miles non-stop. You can do it too . . . just keep on keeping on!!! Don't just prove you ex wrong, make him look like a complete idiot!! Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • JeffinRaleigh
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :bigsmile: :drinker:

All of which is to say GREAT JOB!
  • 09catherine
    Options
    AWESOME!! Good on you, keep it up :)
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's where it all starts! You're going to become addicted to running in no time!
    And congratulations on dumping the *kitten* ex too