Eating back calories

Options
Do you eat back your exercised calories??? Im trying to figure out the purpose of this feature as it seems to be counterintuitive to weight loss goals.... like why exercise if your just going to eat back the calories burned.... any explanations would be appreciated.

Replies

• firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Depends. If your deficit is coming from your exercises then yes it doesn't make sense to eat them back. If you create a food deficit then it makes sense to eat them back.

Edit:
    If your doing both exercise and food deficit then depending on how much you burned with your exercising and how much of a total deficit your giving yourself it would or would not make sense lol
  • Auzziedoggie
    Auzziedoggie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I try not to purposely eat back calories, but sometimes I'm just too hungry, then I do. Other times, I exercise to compensate for overeating, so on my diary it looks like I ate them back. You have to use your judgement. If you are on 1200-1400 calories a day and you do some major exercise, yeah, eat them back! It really depends on you - how fast is your MFP set to lose per week? If it is 2 lbs per week then you can afford to eat some back and still lose weight.