Sugars

Options
I have a green smoothie everyday which usually consists of 200-300 calories, and 15-30 grams of sugar (depending on the fruit I use). I am only allotted 1200-1400 cals a day, so this usually takes the place of a meal. My only question is should I be concerned about the amount of sugar I am intaking? This is usually my only source of sugar and I know it's natural, but some days my diary gets pretty high in sugar!

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Stop tracking your sugar
    Try to meet your protein & fat goal, let the rest fall into carbs
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Someone quote me if I'm wrong, but I think it's ok as long as the sugar is natural, from fruit and such. I am trying to pay more attention to my sugar intake, I notice that I go way over, when it's usually just because I had a lot of fruit that day.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Someone quote me if I'm wrong, but I think it's ok as long as the sugar is natural, from fruit and such. I am trying to pay more attention to my sugar intake, I notice that I go way over, when it's usually just because I had a lot of fruit that day.
  • sarahkindel
    sarahkindel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is also what I'm thinking. I get discouraged when I see that I am usually waaaaay over in my sugar, but it is usually all from fruit.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

35d2m3.jpg
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I was ALWAYS over because of the yogurt I eat so I X'd sugar out of my food diary.......
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Never tracked a single gram of sugar over the last 41 months and have managed to drop a few pounds.... Concentrate on your calorie intake and your main macros (Protein, Fat, and Carbs) and let the rest fall in line. I still put 2 scoops of Domino Pure cane sugar in my coffee every morning for breakfast.....
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I am Diabetic and have no problems with natural sugars...only added sugars.