My Friend Died

Options

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. It is devastating to lose anyone, family and/or friends. I'll add you to my prayers, that the pain eases and that you can remember him as the friend he was. <hugs>
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss ((hugs))
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Like the other posters have said, take time to grieve first as it is necessary in order for our wounds to heal. Be strong & think of all the beautiful memories that you two had.

Sending condolences to both you & your friends family all the way from Manila, Philippines. (((HUGS)))
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss - I can tell you it will get better with time.

I lost my best friend almost 11 years ago (Will be 11 years on Jan 2)and while it has gotten better I still miss him everyday, take your time grieve your loss, feel your feelings (DO NOT EAT THEM) but feel them and then remember that he probably would not want you to sit around and cry and stop living because he is not here anymore.

My thoughts are with you.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, Amyllu. As a bereavement recovery facilitator, I understand the uniqueness of your loss and subsequent pain. May this loss serve to strengthen your resolve to embrace those you love who are still with you, reminding them as often as you can just how much you care..
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    So Sorry for you loss! Just be at peace with knowing that he is no longer in pain.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    When someone becomes a memory that memory becomes a treasure. Author Unknown.
  • Isatryli
    Isatryli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I understand why you're bad. Give you some tim. You need to deal with this lost.
    We're all with you. Nothing can comfort you for the moment but time will help you.
    When I lost my best friend, I decided to live for her and it helps me a lot at this time.

Big hug

Isa
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your terrible loss. You just need to take one day at a time and the pain will lessen as time goes on.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    It does not seem ridiculous at all! I am so very sorry for your loss....maybe you could find a support group that could help you with your depression and feelings. (((HUGS)))
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My wonderful mother, who had been widowed at 62 years old, reconnected with the man who, prior to my dad, had been the love of her life. She was in her early 70's, and I remember how her entire demeanor changed when she'd talk about him. In her eyes I saw the school girl she had been when she had first met and adored him! Having just found love again in my own life (I'm 60) it has never been clearer to me that some things never change.... love is love, and it effects us all in pretty much the same way no matter how old or young we are. When my mom's friend passed away she was devastated. I'm sure what you are feeling is pretty close to what she went through. I also know that when our peers pass on we can't help but feel our own mortality, as I'm finding out as I'm getting older and seeing more of it. What you're feeling isn't silly at all! I'm sure that wherever your friend is... I like to think of our lost loved ones as being part of the universe.... he is surrounding you with his arms, hugging you. My thoughts will be with you!
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Very sorry for your loss!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry. I have said a prayer for you that every post in this thread will help to lighten your heavy heart. When I lost a favorite person a few years back, I remember how angry I was because I wasn't done with him yet. I felt cheated.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much for all the kind words and thoughts. I think that having kept my feelings secret over the years has made me feel cheated but the fact is that his ex partner has been one of my best friends for many years and when he then suddenly married his new partner I had to continue to keep my feelings to myself.
    Life's a beetch sometimes!!
  • ErzaScarlet
    ErzaScarlet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My dad died when i was 15. I guess that is partly why I'm on this site as I used food to control my life. I am deeply sorry, I too felt my own mortality but live for the present.
  • jessicaclairel
    Options
    I am truly sorry. <3
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry of your loss. He is in a better place now and at least he got to live his life. I had a friend who died at 22 yrs old. I know the feeling of losing someone you truly care about It will pass. To me it was hard because he had a full life ahead of him but your friend got to live that life.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that I don't have anything to say that would be of any help, but i'm sending you lots of hugs from the opposite side of England! xo
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, sending prayers and hugs your way
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    sorry for your loss
This discussion has been closed.