Any ladies with husbands in the Military that are deployed?

Options
2»

Replies

• ecronick
    ecronick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend left about a month and a half ago, and I'm having a hard time getting up and getting moving. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one trying to stay fit while I'm stuck here home all on my own

I've got a kiddo, FRG stuff, and classes offered on post to getting me up but my problem is getting in real exercise as well as watching my food intake. Please feel free to add me as we could use all the support we can get. :)
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I work 60 hours a week (granted, a lot of it is on my feet), so I'm CONSTANTLY busy. I don't want to come home from a 12 hour work day and put in more time at the gym. I just don't know what else to do :(
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    What about those whose husband is stationed 1500 miles away from where they are stationed??

I'm in San Antonio - husband is in Norfolk. While we get to see each other every 3to4 months, it's still tough with different schedules and completely different jobs.
  • ecronick
    Options
    What about those whose husband is stationed 1500 miles away from where they are stationed??

I'm in San Antonio - husband is in Norfolk. While we get to see each other every 3to4 months, it's still tough with different schedules and completely different jobs.

Yea, you bet. It's not exactly the same thing but it pretty darn close. Please feel free to add me. :)
  • cont3mplate
    cont3mplate Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i have a 2 year old and a 7 month old and a deployed hubby I'm trying to lose weight to look good for a nice surprise when he comes home.
  • pinkstay
    Options
    My husband is a Marine that is leaving in march, and I am getting started now, so by the time he gets home I can blow him away with the changes I have made to my health and my body :) this will be my first deployment so i figure it will be a great distraction too!
  • LARob1683
    Options
    My husband is in the military but he is not deployed. I just joined myfitnesspal today! I definitely need some encouragement, I always start a program and try working out but I never seem to be able to stick to it.
  • ecronick
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry I haven't gotten back to this thread until now. There were no comments on it for a while so I thought it was a lost cause.

@ LARob1683, please feel free to add me. We can all use as much encouragement as we can get!!

@pinkstay that's a really great idea. I was just so stressed with everything that needed to be done before he left as well as him leaving that I didn't even think about starting before he left. You will do great during the deployment, just keep your chin up and know that one day down equals one day closer. :) If you'd like to add me please feel free. :)

@Cont3mplate how are your little ones doing during this deployment? How are you doing? You've already lost 28lbs so that is absolutely FANTASTIC. You are going to rock this weight loss like it's going out of style. :)
  • cont3mplate
    cont3mplate Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you! our oldest who is 2 he is doing fine he gets so excited when he sees his dad on skype or to even talk to him on the phone. I'm just worried about our 7 month old..I make sure I do my best to show him pictures and to let him see and hear him on Skype he'll smile but I just don't want him to go through that panic stage of not knowing who he is when gets home.

You can do it..you have the best motivators and supporters here! These 28 pounds left are going to be the worst since I got back into my comfortable eating stage blaaaaah lol..I want to start clean eating and drinking nothing but water soon and give my Herbalife program a break.