hungry girl hot wing dip

Options
as rachel ray would say....YUM-O!!!!!

Buff Chick Hot Wing Dip

PER SERVING (1/15th of recipe, about 1/4 cup): 68 calories, 1.5g fat, 616mg sodium, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g sugars, 10g protein -- POINTS® value 1*

After receiving tons of emails about a famous (and fatty) Frank's RedHot dip, we HG-ized it for your (and our!) chewing pleasure. This stuff tastes JUST like Buffalo wings...

Ingredients:
Two 9.75-oz. (or 10-oz.) cans 98% fat-free chunk white chicken breast in water, drained
One 8-oz. tub fat-free cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup fat-free ranch dressing
1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt (Fage 0% is the best!)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place cream cheese in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Mix in Frank's RedHot, mozzarella cheese, ranch dressing, and yogurt. Stir in chicken until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture evenly into a deep 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until mixture is heated through. Stir well and enjoy!

P.S. We love dipping carrot sticks and red bell pepper chunks into this dip, but we've also dunked baked tortilla chips into it and used it as a sandwich spread!

MAKES 15 SERVINGS

HG Alternative! To make this dish FAST, skip the oven altogether. Prepare dip according to the directions, but in a microwave-safe dish. Then microwave uncovered on high for 5 minutes (stopping and stirring halfway through cooking), or until hot.

Replies

• donsch
    donsch Posts: 40
    Options
    sounds WONDERFUL!
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I just might need to try this! I love veggie dips but they often have too many calories. I can see using this as a sandwich spread also.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Printed! Sounds YUMMY
  • czar1978
    Options
    Yes; this is a good recipe! Here's another Hungry Girl one that I made for the Super Bowl.

Hungry Girl’s Sweet ‘n Sassy Boneless Hot Wings (serves 1)

Ingredients:
    4 ounces raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast, cut into 8 nuggets
    2 tablespoons fat-free liquid egg substitute
    2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
    2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
    1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    Dash salt
    Dash black pepper

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and/or spray with nonstick spray.

Place chicken in a bowl, cover with egg substitute, and toss to coat. Set aside.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and black pepper, and mix well. One at a time, transfer chicken nuggets to the flour bowl, giving them a shake first to remove excess egg substitute -- coat completely with flour, and then transfer to the baking sheet.

Bake in the oven for about 16 minutes, flipping halfway through, until chicken is fully cooked. Remove from the oven and set aside.

Combine chili sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a bowl and mix well. Add chicken and toss to coat. Now gobble up!

Serving Size: entire recipe (8 wings)
    Calories: 267; Fat: 1.5g; Sodium: 775mg; Carbs: 30g; Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 15g; Protein: 31g
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Bump;

they both sound good
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Saving to my topics
  • MMLong3996
    Options
    I have this as the NON-healthy version and adjusted it to low-fat/fat-free for the Super Bowl...and I hated it. I don't like the taste of fat-free cream cheese AT ALL and it ruined the flavor of this recipe for me. My husband enjoyed it though! lol
  • PCOSucks
    Options
    OK, I'm going to be honest. I am a buffalo chicken wing addict! My dad seriously makes THE BEST. Before I started dieting, I would think nothing of eating 20 wings in one sitting. They were just THAT good. I've been kind of depressed that they're so bad for you (all the butter and oil) and haven't had any since the diet began. Then, I came across this recipe!

I made it a couple nights ago for myself and my husband and I have to say, it was DELICIOUS, inexpensive, and did I mention DELICIOUS?! We had it with baked tortilla chips and baby carrots. Seriously. It satisfied my chicken wing craving, only this time, I had NO GUILT whatsoever! Thanks so much!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try both of these
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    ok I made this over the weekend and it was GREAT! I loved it! Thanks for sharing! :love:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Anyone happen to have/know the nutrition info. for the dip? :flowerforyou:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    here you go sweetie!
    Buff Chick Hot Wing Dip

PER SERVING (1/15th of recipe, about 1/4 cup): 68 calories, 1.5g fat, 616mg sodium, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g sugars, 10g protein -- POINTS® value 1*
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    here you go sweetie!
    Buff Chick Hot Wing Dip

Thanks, girl! :smile:

Yikes... lots of sodium :noway: