shakeology

Options
Any shakeology drinkers out there?? I'm getting some samples mailed to me...what do you all think of it?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Any shakeology drinkers out there?? I'm getting some samples mailed to me...what do you all think of it?

I think it's vastly overpriced. I think that if you're using it to replace meals you should make sure you're considering other, more sustainable methods.
  • Sarah1023
    Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

I think it's vastly overpriced. I think that if you're using it to replace meals you should make sure you're considering other, more sustainable methods.

That's what I was thinking!!! I saw the price, and I was like "really?!"...I mean, if you compare it to other protein shakes with similar contents, it's overpriced. I've never been a shake drinker and never found one I liked...I'm just in a food rut, I guess you could say...thanks!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I was waiting for the influx of BB coaches trying to flog it to you!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    That's what I was thinking!!! I saw the price, and I was like "really?!"...I mean, if you compare it to other protein shakes with similar contents, it's overpriced. I've never been a shake drinker and never found one I liked...I'm just in a food rut, I guess you could say...thanks!

I would like to suggest that you don't resolve your "food rut" by replacing food with shakes. There is very likely to be a better solution.
  • Sarah1023
    Options
    I was waiting for the influx of BB coaches trying to flog it to you!

LMBO...it's already happened before I even posted this! LOL. I may have to edit my friends list...haha
  • Sarah1023
    Options

I would like to suggest that you don't resolve your "food rut" by replacing food with shakes. There is very likely to be a better solution.

You're prolly right...thanks.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Was going to say- I bet you get messages too!!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I love it and love bb programs but all there supplements and shakes are way overpriced and will not help you achieve weight loss any faster. If you eat lean whole foods you will be fine. Especially if you have a moderate deficit like 20% less than tdee.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Eat right
    SMASH
    repeat.
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I did the Shakeology thing for many months last year. Can't say that I noticed any significant difference in anything. Here is a website I found that reviews meal replacement shakes http://www.mealreplacementshakereviews.com/?gclid=CInB9IDn-7MCFcsWMgodMBgAIA

I don't buy Shakeology anymore and I still feel the same.
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Eat right
    SMASH
    repeat.

^^this^^
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    To reiterate...GIMMICK...eat right and healthy...I 86 the peeps who try to push or sell any of that stuff in my direction. :laugh:
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I rather eat food then drink shakes
  • btracy01
    Options
    try body fortress. they're $15 at Walmart, have 140 calories, 2 grams of sugar and 26 grams of protein. And they're pretty good! A decent sized tub lasts about 2-4 weeks depending on how often you use it. (ps. if you do try it, the chocolate tastes like chocolate milk) hehe
  • Sarah1023
    Options
    To reiterate...GIMMICK...eat right and healthy...I 86 the peeps who try to push or sell any of that stuff in my direction. :laugh:
    LOL. Gotcha! haha
  • Sarah1023
    Options
    I rather eat food then drink shakes
    I've always been the same way.
  • Sarah1023
    Options
    try body fortress. they're $15 at Walmart, have 140 calories, 2 grams of sugar and 26 grams of protein. And they're pretty good! A decent sized tub lasts about 2-4 weeks depending on how often you use it. (ps. if you do try it, the chocolate tastes like chocolate milk) hehe
    Thanks for the advice!
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    threadbackfire.gif
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options

You're prolly right...thanks.
    [/quote

I think the Shakology is over priced as well.. I am a Shakology coach.I became one when I tried it free when I started but didn't like it.I have tried thier Meal replacement shakes and really love:heart: them I use them more.. I know it's funny to hear someone who sells the product say this but I didn't like the taste or price either.:drinker: . I enjoy the workouts they have and vitamins but not the Shakeology.. Some people like it and some don't it's a choice everyone has to make..Not to be pushed into it..
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My boss happens to be a BB coach, and he swears he has never had a cold while drinking it. Anyways, I ended up buying a package, its nice for those rushed mornings I can just throw it in a blender and take it with me. However I would have to agree with the others, real food is better, and it is wicked expensive. So all in all, I like it, but I'm not planning on buying it again
    :)