'treat yourself - it's christmas' - sabotage in the season

Options
the amount of people trying to sabotage you around christmas is mental. It's literally the 2nd, and people are already telling me to 'treat myself, it's christmas'.

No. I don't want to go to that all you can eat buffet with you, i don't see why my social interactions have to focus on food.

People's reactions? not favourable.

I indulge, I workout, but I don't go overboard. What is so wrong with that???

How do you cope with the sabotage?Am I the only one experiencing this?

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean

I think I just saw my family conspiring in the garage on how they can sneak sugar into my diet
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I am currently feeling the Thanksgiving sabotage....don't do it! WORST feeling ever! Treat yourself ON CHRISTMAS... not the whole month!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    The word "sabotage" is used far too much around here...

Nobody can "sabotage" you without your consent.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. It's scary.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Like the other day, it was like 28th November i think. I went to the German market with my best friend and sister and there's nice food there EVERYWHERE. It was very hard sticking to my diet cause everything looked and smelt so yummy. My sister and best friend ordered food and as i had no idea of the calories in the food i didn't wanna touch it but my best friend was like "go on, just do it as a one off. Its Xmas and it's not like we see each other much". Thankfully i didn't give in but you're right, what difference does it make to my best friend wether i give into the food or not.

But anyways, i'll be having boxing day, Xmas day and New years eve off. I won't crumble under pressure from other people haha.
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My mom is the worst with this. But with her it doesn't stop with "It's Christmas". "It's Sunday morning", "It's Friday", "We're at a restaurant", "You're on vacation', etc., etc. are all reasons to "treat yourself" aka "go way overboard".

It really annoys me!
  • UhOhItsKylie
    UhOhItsKylie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I agree about the over-use of 'sabotage'. Nobody is secretly feeding me Christmas cookies and egg nog without my knowing...THAT would be sabotage.

Some people just associate the happiness, love, and togetherness of the holidays with food. Or they just plain use it as an excuse to over eat. Either way, I'm an adult and I chose what does and does not go into my body. People can poke fun at me for turning down the Christmas tree shaped donuts or give me crap for not trying a piece of fudge, but oh well.

I read somewhere that the average American gains about 10 pounds over the holiday season. I won't be one of the 'average' ones this year, and that's all I really care about. :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I'm no angel, that's for sure .......

But when it comes to friends/coworkers and food, I just change the subject immediately ...... I ask them a question about something totally unrelated to food ....... people like to talk about themselves ...... so I do anything I can to get their minds off of me ....... works every time :laugh:
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to be rude this year! Haha! Most of the people in my life are overweight (or more) and are always trying to get me to eat crap all the time, not just at Christmas! So my response this year will be "And look where that got you."

I know it sounds really mean, but they never give up! It's always something! "it's the weekend", "it's *insert holiday, birthday, special occasion, etc.*" ENOUGH ALREAD!! Lol. We have a HUGE family on both sides, so it's almost always someone's birthday! Haha!

I still live life, and eat cookies and pizza and whatever.....when I want too! Not when someone else thinks I should! Grrrr!

Rant over! Lmao!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Blimey - more sabotage??? Oh wait...