All I think about is food!

Options
I just started Monday and all I think about is food and what I will fix for my next meal. I feel obsessed, LOL. Measuring and logging will certainly help me reach my goal but after a while do you finally get to a point where you can eyeball it? On a positive note, today is day 7 and I feel great! Good Sunday everyone!

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    If your a chronic over eater and trying portion control to lose weight, the chances that you keep the weight off for the rest of your life is pretty dismal. Saying that, yes you should be able, after a while, eyeball portion size, but that's a slippery slope, especially if you eat out a lot. A lifestyle change including the foods you eat is probably the best way to proceed, but easier said than done, it's a extreme commitment, that most find very hard to achieve. Good luck and make sure your not in an extreme deficit, that never works and it's a long road to good health so getting in done in 30 days, so to speak is a recipe for failure. imo
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I bought a little food scale off amazon for like 30 bucks. When in doubt, I weigh it.
  • bluered3038
    bluered3038 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think when you first start a weight loss plan, food is all you think about. Because you think about what you can eat and how much and what if this, what if that. I've been on this since mid June and I still plan my food a dayin advance. sometimes longer, if I know I'm going out with friends. That way maybe I won't go over.
    Good luck to you
  • sondra0112
    Options
    Wow, neanderthin, I'm not a chronic overeaterr, LOL. I just found out I'm diabetic/insulin resistant (fasting bloodsugar 153 so I caught it early). I know I've got to get the proportions correct to lose weight and keep my blood sugars In balance. Just seems to be all consuming planning it all out, LOL.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Yes I think about food all the time, but it does get easier to plan things out. For me I know I'm going to have to track my food for the rest of my life so it's just how it is. Also I'm pretty sure I thought about food a lot when I was fat too, I just didn't keep track of how much of it I was eating.
  • sondra0112
    Options
    Exactly bluered! I guess I'll get better and faster at the planning part as time goes by.
  • BeckyM03
    BeckyM03 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I too think about food all the time! But i guess its just part of being strong and getting where you want :) Hang in there it does get better!! I dont think about food all the time like i did when i started (almost 3 months since i started)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Wow, neanderthin, I'm not a chronic overeaterr, LOL. I just found out I'm diabetic/insulin resistant (fasting bloodsugar 153 so I caught it early). I know I've got to get the proportions correct to lose weight and keep my blood sugars In balance. Just seems to be all consuming planning it all out, LOL.
    lol, no I never said you were. Being diabetic really aligns you to a diet lower in carbs, which will help you with hunger and diabetes as well. Try to remove most, but not all starchy type carbs including any refined sugar product, and what you have left are nutrient dense and satiating foods.
  • lindabryant62
    Options
    I agree. I'm just getting started and now that my focus is on what I should and should not eat it seems to be all I think about is food. I look forward to the day that this stops.
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think about food all the time, but I think it gets easier as you go. Once you get into the habit of it, it gets better. Planning definitely helps! the eyeballing thing doesn't exactly work- I have been trying that for the past few months and my weight has been exactly the same (my diet also has not been great). So yea, measuring and weighing will be the best options. Keep up the good work!
  • Anycleavers
    Anycleavers Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It does get easier, but it is never easy. Does that make sense? On the other hand, it will be so worth it. You only started on Monday, you have to give your head some time to realign itself. You can do this, just look around these message boards and read the success stories, they always helped me. Cheers
  • sondra0112
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. It helped just to get it off my chest, LOL!
  • shrinkinginQualicum
    Options
    I, too, still think about food most of the time. But it is getting better. I can resist the really bad stuff easily now. And I always log my food ahead of time. This helps with resistant. And because I'm always thinking about it, I also think about fitness and exercise, so that's a good thing. :wink:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I have always thought about food a lot. But I'm one of these people who has "crash" symptoms if I don't eat pretty regularly. I get very grumpy, weak, dizzy and sick feeling if I get too far past a meal time. So even before I ever thought about losing weight I always thought about when and what I will eat next. Now I just try to plan healthier types of foods and portion sizes.