Received 1st unsolicited compliment

Options
Last night it happened. I was at a holiday party with my wife and one of her colleagues noticed my weight loss. I've dropped 20# over the last 6-7 weeks. The colleague slyly cornered my wife and asked her if I had lost some weight to which she proudly responded yes he has! She thought it looked like I was slimmer but didn't want to say anything about it and be wrong or touch on some subject that was not good.

With that I happened to pass through the room and she (the colleague) said to me "You look great Gary". I thanked her and continued with a smile.

It wasn't till later I learned that compliment was unsolicited. I had assumed my wife somehow prompted it by spilling the beans so to speak.

Felt good. 30# more to go...

Replies

• sondra0112
    Options
    Congrats! I know that made you feel good, and much deserved! Keep up the good work.
  • cdiele
    cdiele Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's always nice when someone notices! Congratulations and keep up the great work!!!
  • SlimEsq
    SlimEsq Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Just more motivation to keep you going!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Gotta love it!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!