How to replace the bread for school(in terms of carbs)?

Options
Hi guys and gals,

I want to start the low-carb thing myself, and I notice that pretty much everything I eat, consists of quite an amount of carbs. Especially my sandwiches I take to school for lunch.

Is there any alternative for the bread, so I can take it to school, and prepare it easily?

Thanks!

Replies

• PearlyDiamond
    Options
    La tortilla factory makes these really nice tortillas that are both low in calories and low in carbs..As a plus, they are also very high in protein. Remember that fiber negates some carbs. The sugar is really the problem getting in the way of weight loss.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    you can use lettuce or seaweed wraps (nori)

or you can put it in a bell pepper
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Rice and pasta salads are a great alternative if you are able to bring a little container and a fork to eat them. You can also prepare them in large batches and then just portion them out each day for your lunch.
  • craigineson
    craigineson Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Rice and pasta salads are a great alternative if you are able to bring a little container and a fork to eat them. You can also prepare them in large batches and then just portion them out each day for your lunch.

He's trying low-carb dieting... Neither rice nor pasta are low-carb, it's hardly a good alternative...

Instead of sandwiches, I used to take a chicken and avocado babyleaf salad. Pretty much a staple for me these days :)