Holiday Survival Tips

Options
I'm interested in everyone's tips or plans for getting through the holiday's without a weight gain. I plan to stick to my current eating and exercise plan. There will be so much yummy food and drink around all of us and temptation will be smacking us square in the face! I don't want to start the 2013 going uphill with my weight! Please share any tips you may have. Good luck to all.

Replies

• cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I plan to continue tracking everything I eat, doing as much pre-track as I can before big events. I also will make my workouts a priority during this busy time.
  • Raphi_roo
    Options
    I plan on sticking to my calorie limits throughout the holidays. I don't believe in cheat meals, they just make you want more. Have a little bit of everything but keep your portions small. And remember how disappointed you'll be if you give up on your goals.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I am starting to think that I have picked the wrong time of year to try and get healthy!

I really don't want to put back on the bit of weight I have lost.

I am planning to keep doing some exercise (although my Zumba class won't be on for a few weeks over Christmas) and just having little bits of what I want. So 2 chocolates not a full box!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I am starting to think that I have picked the wrong time of year to try and get healthy!

I am planning to keep doing some exercise (although my Zumba class won't be on for a few weeks over Christmas) and just having little bits of what I want. So 2 chocolates not a full box!

If you can get healthy this time of year, you will find it easy squeezy come 2013.
  • plaingirly
    Options

If you can get healthy this time of year, you will find it easy squeezy come 2013.

That is a good way of thinking about it!!
  • orangelobster
    Options
    I'm going for damage control mostly.
    Plus I have a lot of free time over xmas break so Im going to look into some of the various drop in exercise classes held at the gym that I go to I want to try zumba!

I am optimistic about this.
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've got a lot of events coming up so I'm just going to aim for maintainance for this month and get back on it in January.