Does this sound like a good routine?

Options
Trying to get fit and healthy! Starting off very unfit - crazy that I have done this to myself but I am taking responsibility now.

I have given myself 2 weeks to settle into eating better and eating less junk. Have given up fizzy drinks too.

Now it is time for exercise!

No idea how much / what I should do per week as a beginner. Don't want to go too easy on myself but don't want to hurt myself either!

Reading around I am going to get the Shred DVD by Jillian Michaels too.

How does this sound?

Monday - Zumba 1 hour then Shred
Tuesday - Zumba 1 hour
Wednesday - Rest or Yoga
Thursday - Shred
Friday - Shred the weights (or the other way around?!)
Saturday - exercise bike and Shred
Sunday - exercise bike and Shred

Any advice welcomed! :smile:

Replies

• strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm working on trying to figure this out myself. I do know that 30 Day Shred is on youtube if you don't want to buy the DVD.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    Thanks - there are so many work out videos on Youtube! Thinking of finding a yoga one as I can't go to a class!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    it is under 10 bucks at walmart too, so not expensive at all. the shred will work great.
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    From scratch to 6 or 7 days a week exercising is a huge mistake. Work your way up to those levels. Losing weight is 80-90 percent about diet. Do cardio to strengthen your heart, lift weights to gain LBM or retain what you have while cutting calories. You simply have to eat less then your body needs to maintain your current weight.

To lose weight, at the beginning, almost all of your focus should be on getting your diet in order.

All of these diets and schemes aren't necessary. If you want to lose a pound a week or more you have to eat 500 calories or more less then your TDEE. It is that simple.