How much of your exercise activity do you put in?

Options
2»

Replies

• johnlevelsup
    johnlevelsup Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I put in planned exercise. So running and bodyweight strength training I put in. My job which is in retail requires me to walk around all day and lift boxes and such, but I don't put that in because that's a part of my job.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    @katevarner--all of MFPs activity settings are assuming you'll log exercise..even very active. It's just used when your daily life is VERY ACTIVE ...like a carpenter or something.
    Yeah, but my point is that it's still too low. Very active for me is 1710 calories burned per MFP. I was sick one day in October and stayed in bed all day except to take the dog out to pee and poop. According to my BodyMedia, I burned 1786 calories that day. On a normal work day, I burn over 2000, even if I don't go to the gym. That's why I have it set to gain half a pound, so I get an extra 250 calories per day.
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the input. I was hoping people didn't record all the little things. I'll just stick to recording my workouts and vigorous activities.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I don't log any exercise.. I track my workouts in a diary (including weight, reps, sets , etc) and have my intake set to my TDEE, considering activity level, minus a % to create a deficit. I only log additional calories if I know I've had an excessively high burn (think more than 90 minutes in the gym or more than an hour of cardio in a day).

This is what I do.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i put in food prep for thanksgiving and when i was on my feet helping with a wedding cake, etc. But mostly just the gym, sometimes cleaning, and yardwork always
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't... I just eat a certain amount of calories whether I work out that day or not.