Replies

• jnoire
    jnoire Posts: 43
    Options
    Great Job!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I think when I lose a bit more I am going to try the C25k!!
  • stehmari
    stehmari Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You look great! You look so happy and healthy! I like your message, KEEP GOING! No, it's not easy...but the more you do it, the easier it becomes. Thank's for the motivation!
  • HuskerPower66
    HuskerPower66 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    great job!!!!
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks for writing that Wendy. I found it so helpful. I have stalled on week 4 and had started to believe that I could never do the full 5kms. I will give it another go tomorrow morning and see if I cant get through it.
  • wendytc
    wendytc Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm so happy for you. I started C25k around the same time, but I'm still on week 4 due to bronchitis followed by a back injury. But I still keep plugging along! Someday I will have similar success! Thanks for the inspiration to keep at it and congrats on your terrific progress!

Keep doing what you can while you recuperate. When I was hurting I either walked or did the elliptical. That way my cardio endurance still progressed while I healed. I know you can do it!!! Some of the program is a bit of a leap of faith. When I saw there was a 20 minute run, I almost defeated myself mentally before I even tried. But someone ran alongside me (a more experienced runner) and I did it!! That was a huge confidence boost!!
  • wendytc
    Options
    Thanks for writing that Wendy. I found it so helpful. I have stalled on week 4 and had started to believe that I could never do the full 5kms. I will give it another go tomorrow morning and see if I cant get through it.

You Can DO it!!! Slow it down as much as you need to, even if you can WALK faster, slow it down until you can breathe comfortably. The heart rate monitor helps tremendously. I find when I am getting out of breath, I glance at it and sure enough my heart rate is too high, so I breathe deeply, 3 breaths in through the nose and 2 out through the mouth to the pace of my footsteps and slightly slow my pace and before I know it, I have energy again and pushed through the rough spot. Good Luck!!
  • DefluffinMyStuffin
    Options
    Wow, way to kick some butt. So inspiring! I'm cruising the success stories this morning trying to get a little motivational fire under my super ample behind. I'm LOVING those sneaker pom poms! When you get draggin', just sneak a peek at your feet and shake your pom poms!
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    That is great! Congrats!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are so inspiring to me. Thank you for sharing you story. I have been wanting to do the C25K for some time now....just intimidated to begin the process but reading your story has got my fire going again!!!
  • SunnyBellaB
    Options
    Great job, you are an inspiration! I am starting C25K in January, I am worried but your post is very motivating, thanks!
  • ForTheSmile
    ForTheSmile Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I needed this kick in the butt. Tonight I'm starting week 2 of C25K and I'm terrified. I've barely been able to run the minute and now I have to do 2! But I'll keep going. :) You look amazing, by the way!
  • wendytc
    Options
    Thank you! I needed this kick in the butt. Tonight I'm starting week 2 of C25K and I'm terrified. I've barely been able to run the minute and now I have to do 2! But I'll keep going. :) You look amazing, by the way!

You CAN do it!!! Slow it down as much as you need to even if it feels absurdly slow, just keep going!! Good Luck!!
  • wendytc
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are so inspiring to me. Thank you for sharing you story. I have been wanting to do the C25K for some time now....just intimidated to begin the process but reading your story has got my fire going again!!!

Yes, I agree it is intimidating, but the biggest thing is to not let yourself psych your self out into defeating yourself before you even start. I will be honest with you. I DO NOT LOVE RUNNING. However, I love the challenge and THAT is what keeps me going.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great accomplishment!
  • kenziestx
    Options
    SO INSPIRING!!! you look fantastic and reading this is helping me realize that I can do the c25k too, since i am SUCKING WIND at week 2. lol...
    Great job!!!

It is hard getting past the "I can't breathe" phase. The best thing I have done is to get a heart rate monitor. I got the Polar F7 on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/MFP-POLAR-FT7

The HRM is important because once you are able to identify the rate at which you are not "sucking wind" you can try to keep yourself within that zone and keep going. In retrospect, one of the reasons I "could not run" is that I was running too fast. Now my running is very slow, but I am running and getting a little faster every time. I shaved almost 2 minutes off my 5k, so that's progress and I WILL TAKE IT!!

Very inspiring! I was the same way, I found that I was running too fast. It's so much easier (not that it's ever easy) when you are at your THR and just keep up a steady pace. You look fabulous!
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wow, I started reading your post and it sounds like something I would write. I started C25K three weeks ago and thought I was going to die running 60 seconds, it hurt so bad. I felt like a baby elephant trying to run....I am on the third week of C25K where things go from 90 seconds to 3 minutes and your post was so motivating to keep going. I hate it, I hate every second of it, I can't believe people actually run for fun :) But every lap I make on the track I try to think of something motivating (wearing a bathing suit, being able to fit into the "cute" clothes at the store, feeling comfortable standing in front of the mirror in my underwear...)

Thank you for posting your story, I am once again reminded that I am not the only one in this boat, it's filled with awesome people like you!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Saw he first pic...saw the woman on the right...and said: WAIT!! When did I ever attend a BWR event???? It took me a couple of seconds to realize it wasn't a pic of me back in high school or college.

Enough of that. For you--CONGRATS!!! That is just FANTASTIC!!!! And so encouraging. Proud of you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!