Fitbit Zip - Won't sync & I'm ready to return it

Options
Please help. I read some good things on here about Fitbit Zip and thought it seems fun I will get it.
If you have it you know the instruction manual has only 7 steps and they are images with no words. Quite frustrating
I logged in with an account and set up my device on their website. I plug in the usb drive and tap the screen of my Fitbit. Nothing comes up, no 4 digit code for me to enter, heck on the website there isn't even a place to click that you want to sync your device.
I'm really not loving this thing yet but I want to.
Can you help?

Replies

• jagdawg
    jagdawg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Did you install the desktop connect software by clicking on the download link here: http://www.fitbit.com/start/zip

Is the Wireless dongle plugged into a working USB port?

I've recently syncd two Fitbit ones with no issues.

You might also join the FITBIT Group here on MFP and post your question there. Plenty of people there that are more knowledgeable than I am.
  • TMcSter
    TMcSter Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Did you install the desktop connect software by clicking on the download link here: http://www.fitbit.com/start/zip

Is the Wireless dongle plugged into a working USB port?

I've recently syncd two Fitbit ones with no issues.

You might also join the FITBIT Group here on MFP and post your question there. Plenty of people there that are more knowledgeable than I am.

I installed the software and ran it. The dongle is in a working usb (I checked my usb memory drive to make sure).

Do you have a laptop? Could it be the dongle isn't recognized because there it is too short?
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Got mine yesterday and ther was no prob,em. Try deleting the software then try again. When you put dongle in laptop, did it install the firmware. You should contact fitbit customer services.
  • TMcSter
    Options
    I have done it all. For some reason it is not recognizing that the dingle is in the usb drive. No matter what I try or do. Guess it's going back. I'll exchange it but I hope the 2nd one works. Otherwise my husband is right. A good old heart rate monitor / calorie counter watch is better.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Heart rate monitors ARE best for exercise but fitbit is better for general activity. Think you must be unlucky. Dont give up yet.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I presume you've tried other USB sockets!
  • TMcSter
    Options
    I presume you've tried other USB sockets!

I have. Even put my usb into the port and it worked fine. Maybe it's just a defective model? I just tried it on my work computer and same thing.
  • TMcSter
    Options
    Yay! It was a defective unit. Exchanged it last night and just set it up on lunch. I wonder if I can get in 10,000 steps in the next 10 hours. If not I will tomorrow! Thank you both for your assistance.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Good luck. Let us know how you get on.
  • dedawn1
    Options
    My fitbit wont wake up! Just received it and its dead. There are no instructions on how to change the battery or what to do in this case. it just keeps saying tap it. ARGH ant ideas?
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    My fitbit wont wake up! Just received it and its dead. There are no instructions on how to change the battery or what to do in this case. it just keeps saying tap it. ARGH ant ideas?

The owners manual is online, so go to the Fitbit website.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    They must be persnickety. I got my sister a Zip for Christmas and she had to return it twice before getting a working one.

If changing the battery is something you'd rather try first (I wouldn't, it should have a working battery) I bet you can find the instructions for how to open it up online. It uses some watch battery.
  • fitnessfan501
    Options
    Hi

I just got a Fitbit Zip but I cant get the wireless dongle to work.
    I have Windows Vista 64bit.
    Is there a driver for this I can install?
    Are these dongles sometimes defective?

Would appreciate some help. Still waiting for the Fitbit "support" to get back to me.

Rgds
    Steve