Trying to shed fat, but gaining weight instead

Options
2»

Replies

• clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Do what ever you want. I just gave advice. You don't have to agree.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

check out this article. This is something you may be experiencing.

If you workout 7 days a week, pay attention to your energy intake. If you're not eating enough it can cause problems. If you're not resting enough, it will also cause problems.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    also, try to avoid things like "feel bigger". Make sure you take actual measurements - weight, body fat, tape measure around your waste, thighs and arms.
  • valdee23
    valdee23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Interestingly enough (for me anyways), since upping my proteins, I feel more satiated overall. I eat 5-6 smaller meals a day and sometimes struggle to finish a meal but I do because I know if I don't my calories would be way lower. I don't feel as bloated as a whole either, and I don't struggle too much on my weight workouts. I mean, they are hard, but I don't feel myself getting buried. I do notice however that I get hungry pretty quickly during a strength workout as opposed to a cardio workout. It's a little while before I get hungry after cardio.

I work out anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour about 5 days a week. I'm going to try not to pay so much attention to the scale but track my measurements and such. I'm also going to do more research about figuring out my BMR. I've figured it to be about 1300 cals a day based on a few sources but we will see.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

I took the liberty of reading some other threads you commented on in the past and forgive me for saying but you seem a very grumpy little sausage. Why are you on here if you just want to disagree with everyone and be negative about everything? You give off a really bad vibe and seem to dislike a lot of ideas and methods used successfully by members of this site. If you don't like us why are you here? As far as I can see its just to start crap and be generally disagreeable. Not partically helpful or supportive.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Interestingly enough (for me anyways), since upping my proteins, I feel more satiated overall. I eat 5-6 smaller meals a day and sometimes struggle to finish a meal but I do because I know if I don't my calories would be way lower. I don't feel as bloated as a whole either, and I don't struggle too much on my weight workouts. I mean, they are hard, but I don't feel myself getting buried. I do notice however that I get hungry pretty quickly during a strength workout as opposed to a cardio workout. It's a little while before I get hungry after cardio.

I work out anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour about 5 days a week. I'm going to try not to pay so much attention to the scale but track my measurements and such. I'm also going to do more research about figuring out my BMR. I've figured it to be about 1300 cals a day based on a few sources but we will see.

You are more hungry after weight training because your metabolism goes into high gear to repair your muscles. With that said, if your estimated BMR is around 1300, then you should be eating around 1700 if you are trying to cut fat. You are probably gaining water weight due to a few things; under eating and muscle inflammation (this one especially if you just started weight training or a new routine). Once you start eating more, you should see the extra weight weight go away.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

So if you don't believe in the laws of thermodynamics or proven science, what do you believe in? Because it just makes you look like a troll... And I am 100% serious on this question.