heart rate monitor app for android

Options
I just found free heart rate monitor app for android. That is an app that measures your heart rate. It's even free A good alternative for people who can't/don't want to spend a lot of money on a separate device? Could be. It's installing on my phone right now, I'll let you know how good it is once I've used it a bit. :)

link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=si.modula.android.instantheartrate&hl=en

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    You know you have to keep your finger on the camera lens for it to "measure" your heart rate? How much exercise can you do if you have to constantly worry about keeping your finger on the exact specific spot on your phone?
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I downloaded it for fun. It's not as good as a Polar heart rate monitor, which I've had for 20 years.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    You know you have to keep your finger on the camera lens for it to "measure" your heart rate? How much exercise can you do if you have to constantly worry about keeping your finger on the exact specific spot on your phone?

Yes,it's very limiting. In addition, it keep cycling and it took a while for me to get a reading. With my HRM, it takes seconds, assuming the belt has the right contact. I also don't want to get my phone sweaty.
  • numsquat
    numsquat Posts: 133
    Options
    I use it but only for checking my resting HR when I first get up in the mornings. I mainly use it to see if I'm over training.
  • Nov3mberMistt
    Nov3mberMistt Posts: 25 Member
    Options

You don't have to be condescending. And to answer your question, i didn't realize that until AFTER i had downloaded it and tried it, which was AFTER I posted the topic. Dur. It also works better with a camera phone that uses flash (mine does not). As for keeping your finger in a certain spot on your phone while exercising, it's surprisingly easy. You hold your phone in your hand, and put your finger over the lens. derpaherpderp. Specifically it's easy when you're doing cardio, less easy if you're doing anything with weights because, y'know, your hands are full of dumbbell.

*I* thought it was neat. Probably would work better if I had a flash on my phone, but oh well.