Can Green Tea, be a substitue for drinking water

Options
I know that everyone here talks about drinking a lot of water, my problem is I drink a lot of green tea in the day, so much so that i have no more space for just pure water. Will it have the same affects as just drinking pure water? I mean green tea is primarily water, and whatever else green tea consists of. Should I drink less green tea and more pure water?

Help, v stuck on what to do!!!!

Replies

• carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of green tea too, and yes its primarily water. But I would drink it for a week and then take a week off, your body will get use to it and you will no longer have the effects from the green tea or you will have to drink a whole lot more.
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I may just do that, take a week or 2 off from green tea, and just drink pure water in those weeks, because i really do believe i'm immune to green teas effects.
  • Baerlin
    Options
    I think green tea is great. I just wonder at times if teas are a good substitute for water. I drink a lot of tea as well, but for every cup/glass/mug I drink tea I drink the same amount of water.
    I am not sure if green tea is a diuretic like other teas. Just watch your urine output and how frequently you go and color!

Silke:flowerforyou:
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i drink both tea and water, have you ever tried White Tea, it has about 30 x more antioxidants then green tea, plus it has the least amount of caffeine then any other tea!
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    White Tea???!!! I have never heard of that one, i may just have to check that one out, as well as drinking 1 cup of green tea followed by water. I may have to just try a few things and see which suits me best, I think it's time to mix things up a little!!! hanks for the advice everyone!!
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Depends. If it has caffiene, you'll have to drink a half a cup of water for every cup of green tea you drink to make up for the diuretic effect. Or, you just divide the serving in half- count a cup of green tea as half a cup of water. Same goes for any other kind of tea or coffee.

If it's decaf then.... yes.