Waist measurement will not go down, help!

Options
2»

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I generally try to do core-specific exercises but will maybe attempt to work even harder at them, and do more reps! I'm not really worried about the number on the scale as much as I am how I look and feel in my body, and with my body type/proportions I can still lose a few more pounds and be fine, I have no desire to be too skinny! I am perfectly happy with the fact that I will never have a 24" waist, but am assuming even with whatever body type I am I should still be able to get it down a couple inches

Firefox.. I have no idea what you mean about deep abdominal muscle exercises, I'm assuming I have as I've been focusing on core-exercises and assume those would be included. Yes, my bowel movements are regular :)

Remember, working muscles makes them bigger, and there is no way to target fat loss in one area over another. Lots of core work may be counterproductive to getting a smaller waist.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I generally try to do core-specific exercises but will maybe attempt to work even harder at them, and do more reps! I'm not really worried about the number on the scale as much as I am how I look and feel in my body, and with my body type/proportions I can still lose a few more pounds and be fine, I have no desire to be too skinny! I am perfectly happy with the fact that I will never have a 24" waist, but am assuming even with whatever body type I am I should still be able to get it down a couple inches

Firefox.. I have no idea what you mean about deep abdominal muscle exercises, I'm assuming I have as I've been focusing on core-exercises and assume those would be included. Yes, my bowel movements are regular :)

Remember, working muscles makes them bigger, and there is no way to target fat loss in one area over another. Lots of core work may be counterproductive to getting a smaller waist.

I've heard this too. I'm a little coflicted between wanting a smaller waist and wanting abs you can break your hand on... but not that conflicted...I feel better with nice firm abs even if the measurement is a bit bigger.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    it might not get any smaller if you are banana shaped or apple shaped