Looking for friends losing 50+ lbs!

Options
1235»

Replies

• StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 63-ish lbs, would love to join the group!! Feel free to add me!! :bigsmile:
  • RhondaCrombie
    Options
    Hi there! I lost 80 pounds before joining this site, but I have another 40 to go! I am happy to meet all new friends, too. :-)
  • WendyTricia
    WendyTricia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This marks the end of week 2 on MFP and lifestyle changes and I am making progress. I have not touched soda now in two weeks. Just over two weeks ago I was drinking about 3 to 4 sodas a day consistently, and I felt like I would never be able to stop. But I know what kind of life I want and how I want to raise my kids (when I get them!) so I had to do something. My life is changing: I have more energy; I feel good about my choices and feel like I control my life and not the other way around; I'm not craving other bad foods; and I'm developing other small wonderful habits!

I weigh in tomorrow. I'm not expecting much loss because my working out has not been as consistent, but we'll see!
  • erinlindsay
    Options
    i have 55 lbs to lose!!! add me :)
  • erinlindsay
    Options
    i have 55 lbs to lose!!! add me :)
  • WendyTricia
    WendyTricia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    End of week three on MFP. Things are progressing, but I just had an experience that has changed everything for me.

I just celebrated my 9th wedding anniversary with my hubbie, and we stayed in the AMAZING Westin hotel off of Michigan Avenue in Downtown Chicago. In my apartment, we have NO full-length mirrors. The apartment came with none; just a cabinet mirror over the sink in the bathroom. That's it. I have hand mirrors that I use to see the back of my hairstyle, etc., but that was it.

Well, a part of the wonderful Westin was the HUGE mirrors everywhere. I got out of the shower that first night, and looked into a full-length mirror naked for the first time in years and I just STARED!!! I didn't recognize the body standing there! I turned around and looked back, and was horrified! I didn't know that not only was I overweight, I was GROSSLY out of shape, untoned, and FAT.

I danced all my life. Ballet was my heart and my body was always long, lean, fit, toned, FIRM, and deliberately shaped. I had a small waist, firm thighs, firm legs, toned back, lifted shoulders, shapely arms, and ripped stomach. I was now looking at the exact opposite. THE EXACT OPPOSITE.

SInce I gained my weight, I never saw the whole picture. I'd always see my shoulders and chest, but everything below that was just what I saw from looking down. I certainly never saw my rear view, and that was ... my goodness! I LET MYSELF GO!!!

Instead of letting it get me down, which is what my reaction would probably have been two years ago, I laughed. It wasn't funny, but it was a wakeup call. I'm more than just heavy. I need a TOTAL body work over. I've been a little lazy about working out vigorously - like I didn't need it that much. But now, I know that I MORE THAN NEED RIGOROUS working out. I need a full overhaul!

So it was shocking, but good. I have to go from part-time weight-loss plan, to FULL blown overhaul!

Thank goodness for full-length mirrors!
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    I need to lose 51 lbs. Add me as a friend and we'll keep each going! :)
  • erika928
    erika928 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you! I have 65 to lose!
  • SofieJack196
    SofieJack196 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I have 60 to lose would love to have a friend to talk to along this journey
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    "Pick me! Choose me! Love me!" (anyone know that reference?)

I have lost right at 40 pounds but still have 50 left to get to what is considered my "ideal" weight. We'll see how that goes. So be my friend!
  • llyndon
    llyndon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 100 lbs, i''ve lost 20 so far in a little over 2 months. I hope I can continue. The longer I go on the harder it is to lose though I've not had as much trouble sticking with the diet..I can have 1750 calories a day and I miss my mark occasionally but not as much as I thought I might when I started. I've been fairly consistent so far in dropping at least 1 to 2 pounds every 10 days.