How do you make yourself lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I blew up over the past several years due to lack of sleep and a crappy long term relationship. Dropped the girl, started sleeping better and changed my diet around. Thank god. I may actually never get back into a relationship again because of this, or if I do, she would definitely have to be health conscious - and I mean in a hard core way.
  • Sandraonlyskinny
    Sandraonlyskinny Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I saw a picture of myself on a beach in a swimsuit that I thought I looked good in. I was wrong, now that swimsuit is too big.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I woke up one day and said, I'm gonna do it......simple as that.

^ totally this.
  • nikcasso
    nikcasso Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I looked horrible it pictures. Double chin and bags under my eyes. Whoa...I was only 36 and supposed to be in my prime! So I found this site and set the cal goal and stuck to it. Who knows how much I was eating before...I would guess 2500-3000 based on the choices. Now my motivation is loving what I see happening...cheek bones, hip bones, no double chin and no sucking it in. That feeling is better than any box of mac n cheese! Plus I still eat what I want but I have to earn it....do I really really want to workout for an extra hour to burn off that little *kitten* cheese burger??? Naw.
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It's simple : focus.

It's not easy though, but there's not a lot to it.
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi Nickey,

For me it was the 3rd round of cancer treatment that got me. My endocrinologist once told me that cancer feeds of fat cells and if you are fat the likelihood of it coming back is greater. So i was to lose the weight and be healthy so i can avoid another round of treatment. I am also doing this for my girls. They mean everything to me.

Sorry to hear about your situation. You should google fasting and chemo. I read something about it helping in some way.
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I woke up one day and said, I'm gonna do it......simple as that.

Pretty much it, in a nutshell.

Our entire lives are made up of choices. They define us as who we are, and who we will be. Some of them are good, some poor.

Unless you have some sort of mental limitation, we are all capable of doing pretty much anything we put our minds to ( within reason is course). If you want to lose weight by eating well and not some BS gimmick, it is a matter of making that choice and then sticking to it.

Sticking to it is a series of choices over time. Some tools can include "think before you eat". Think about the ramifications of what you are about to stick in your mouth. Does it fit your long term goal? If not, then you need to either make the right choice,
    Or not. The key is being conscience of what you are doing and the choices you are making. If you go through the day as a drone on auto pilot, chances are you are making all sorts of poor choices.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Have to decide what your motivation is and then refocus on that motivating factor every single day. You have to modify it when it stops being effective, adjust it when there are goals you've met, find something completely new when you continually hit a brick wall. This will be a battle for the rest of your life, be ready for it!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i wish i had some inspiring weight-loss story to tell you.

i was just fat and lazy, and one day i didn't want to be fat and lazy anymore.

i saw this one day, and it made me even more motivated. read it, and watch the video at the bottom.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/08/31/is-it-really-worth-it/
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I decided I would lose weight. I read and researched how to do it. I formulated a plan. I followed my plan.