Am i the only guy that does all the cooking at home?

Options
13»

Replies

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I am the better cook. I used to do all the cooking. Now, we kinda share the responsibility, except she really only makes about three different meals. You cannot eat the same three every day, or even every week.
    The thing about her meals, though, is that both kids like them and will eat them. When I make something, one kid likes, one does not. Or, vice versa.
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i just made this the other day, who's coming over for dinner?
    its emily bites spinach and ricotta rollups with grilled chicken and mixed greens with balsamic and lemon juice..

hBJ1K.jpg?1

now i don't cook like this every day.. but seriously. cooking is awesome when I'm not feeling pressured into it.

* also I'm single, and made this for friends/family. so willingness to cook for others has to be something you enjoy if you want it to taste good in my opinion.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Lol my boyfriend and I live together and he does more of the cooking. We both LOVE cooking. But he works from home. So he is done at 4 or 5 and he has time to cook. I get done work at about 5:30 - then it takes an hour to get home - so I'm at home at 6:30. I try to start dinner the night before. And I help on weekends and stuff. Some weekdays too. But yeah, my bf does most of the cooking *sigh*
  • wolfpack77
    Options
    As a single dad who lives alone I have to cook for myself and my daughter. But even when I wasnt single I still did the majority of the cooking
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My husband has become a better cook than myself. I somehow lost my love for cooking over the years. I just wish he would expand his mind on what he calls a veggie - so far it's only potatoes, corn, baked beans, hashbrowns ....... so we compromise, he'll cook the main meal and I'll supplement with the veggies that I want.
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend does most of the cooking too. We both enjoy cooking, but most of the time when we get back home from work in the evenings he's the one who cooks while I do some light cleaning to keep the house in a decent condition during the week. Or I help him a bit with chopping vegetables etc. It works well for us.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine how wonderful that would be. My husband can't even make a pb&j sandwich. I cook EVERY meal and hand it to him.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand how people can just not cook.... It's food, you have to eat. You should now how to make good healthy food to eat. How can you eat boxed food all the time? Gross.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I want a mister mom! To be able to come home from work to have a nice hot meal on the table...that's the life!
  • Josh_H
    Josh_H Posts: 1,151
    Options
    I cook everything I eat.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I don't have much time to cook with my work schedule, plus he cooks what he and my son eat, I usually eat something different...he thinks I should clean if he cooks, so I need to start cooking, I guess, lol!
  • MeanieD
    Options
    My husband doesn't cook, but that doesn't mean he won't get in the kitchen and try. I like to cook; it's how I keep the meals healthy both physically and mentally. I find it therapeutic and it makes me happy to do something nice for him; he's always grateful because his mom never cooked for him. Anyway, he always takes out the trash and does the ironing. :D
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My husband does almost all of the cooking. He loves to cook and is disabled, so he's home during the day while I work. He tells me that he wants to cook for me as his contribution since I am at work during the day. He's a very good cook, too.

I like to cook, but don't get the opportunity to do it very often.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I do most of the cooking simply because I am better at it.
    As a child, my Mother made almost everything from scratch so that is what I got accustomed to.
    In the Army, I did a lot of my own cooking and learned by trial and error.

My wife is a different story.
    If it wasn't in a box, her Mother did not cook it.
    She lived at home until we got married so, she really never learned how to cook.

In addition, I actually enjoy cooking. It is an inexpensive way to create stuff (way cheaper then building hot rods).
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I cook quite a bit of the time, but not all the time. I enjoy coming up with new stuff too.

JM
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I want a mister mom! To be able to come home from work to have a nice hot meal on the table...that's the life!

Currently accepting applications for a sugar mama ;] lol I can have that easily done.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    My husband is the cook in our house. In 21 years of knowing each other, I have fixed 1 meal & that is when we were dating. Now it's not that I am a bad cook, it's just how we've always done it. He cooks dinner & I do the dishes.
  • fnsmithatc
    fnsmithatc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I cook/plan the majority of our meals. I wish my husband would surprise me with meals.

If he cooks, it's something I've planned and either told him or left a recipe for!

Ladies, if your man does this without you planning or being asked to... be thankful!
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My husband loves to cook, but I am the head chef in our house!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    If I'm being "particular" like during a cut, I cook almost everything I eat. Otherwise, I do about half the cooking for the fam.