Aspartame: Results of long term human study

Options

Replies

• laura30188
    Options
    After already having one kind of cancer like I have. I think I am going to trust my endocrinologist and oncologist on this one... NO soda and sugar is better but if I feel the need to have it diet is better. But thats just what my doctors say... and since I have switched to diet soda and other diet drinks it has helped me lose weight.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Aspartame give you cancer, milk and cheese will kill you, bread is from the devil, carbs are worst than the bubonic plague ........

This is it, I am becoming breatharian

Air pollution. :flowerforyou:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    you lost me at mercola.
    Same.
    Yep

Yeppers!! Lolz!! Ditto!!

And me too! He is a fear monger and the OP seems to be one too.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Aspartame give you cancer, milk and cheese will kill you, bread is from the devil, carbs are worst than the bubonic plague ........

This is it, I am becoming breatharian

Air pollution. :flowerforyou:

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    you lost me at mercola.

Forget Mercola, go to the sources.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Options
    pls stop with this misinformation. just please. its getting so old.

What misinformation? I didn't give any kind of opinion. I cited an article and its sources.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Options
    Figures a paleo adherent would post this, ignorance begets ignorance

Spare the personal attacks. Very mature. I gave no opinion whatsoever, just an article and the sources. There are more.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Options
    you lost me at mercola.
    Same.
    Yep

Yeppers!! Lolz!! Ditto!!

Interesting that i have not given any opinion on my post yet can still be judged.
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Figures a paleo adherent would post this, ignorance begets ignorance

Spare the personal attacks. Very mature. I gave no opinion whatsoever, just an article and the sources. There are more.

Well, as you can see when you dig into the abstracts and conclusions of some of the linked research, you can see that they are not conclusively saying that what the article says is actually even true... None of the research also had a very large sample, as far as I could see as well.

The best thing you can reasonably conclude from this is that they don't know, and they don't despite trying for a while, so maybe there isn't much to find there after all.

Besides, with all the "X gives you cancer" hypothesis out there, all those research would need some quite intense control variables to actually pinpoint anything with semblance of certainty, and none of them were that rigorous.

So, yeah..
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    you lost me at mercola.
    Same.
    Yep

Yeppers!! Lolz!! Ditto!!

Interesting that i have not given any opinion on my post yet can still be judged.

Well, you linked the article, from a website renowned for having as much scientific rigor as the average Jersey Shore participant. Not much can come out of this :p The only way to do better would be to link a crazy [Taubes Mercola Oz] collaboration, sponsored by Oprah.
  • lap1970
    lap1970 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Everything gives you ****ing cancer! Get over it your all gonna die from something! Do not tip-toe through life just to arrive safely at death.

Love it! Gotta remember that! Live your life!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    you lost me at mercola.

Yup. And I hate aspartame, it aggravates my migraines.:grumble:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    MustBeTrue.jpg

I see what you did there
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    We're all going to die.

True story.
  • EAVA
    EAVA Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting that article.
    I read Dr. Mercola daily, learning from him...
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/03/30/what-are-the-10-things-that-can-pack-on-pounds.aspx
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options

What misinformation? I didn't give any kind of opinion. I cited an article and its sources.

Your article was not scientific. You linked to an OPINION piece. The OPINION was that SCIENTISTS were wrong because they backtracked on a study they felt was done too poorly, showed insignificant results while claiming otherwise, and felt it premature to state facts based on ONE long term study.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I find it hiliarous that the people that are so believing of the Federal Government and their alphabet agencies are the ones that sit in judgement of Dr. Mercola.

The Sheeple that feel the need to ridicule and down right disrepect the OP are the ones that believe in the food pyramid, the USDA and the FDA.

SMH.......
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

Your article was not scientific. You linked to an OPINION piece. The OPINION was that SCIENTISTS were wrong because they backtracked on a study they felt was done too poorly, showed insignificant results while claiming otherwise, and felt it premature to state facts based on ONE long term study.

They probably back tracked due to being paid off by Pepsi and Coke.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    They probably back tracked due to being paid off by Pepsi and Coke.

The back tracked because it was the right decision. The results did not support the conclusion. Plain and simple.

The conclusion is supposed to be an interpretation of the study's results. The study cited greatly stretched the interpretation of the results to fill a more sensational roll rather than show good science. As someone else noted above, the results didn't even show a difference among soda drinking populations, just soda and non-soda. The diet vs non-diet soda drinkers showed nearly identical results.

From that, it is totally inappropriate to conclude that Aspartame causes blood cancer. It is, in fact, a blatant lie when using the results of that particular study.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I don't believe that the government has my best interests at heart. I don't think they care about me as an individual.

But I do believe that I'm worth more to them as a tax payer and voter than as a dead former Diet Pepsi drinker.