My Transformation Story

Options
My current transformation story began in 2006. In early 2006, I was overweight at a whopping 220 pounds and I smoked a pack a day. During the summer of 2006, my mother came to visit. When we went to the pool, she saw how big I was and made a comment about how fat I was. To be honest, no one had ever called me fat and it stung really bad.
At the time, I was finishing an 18 month school to get my senior reactor operator’s license. Over those 18 months, I sat on my butt in a classroom and ate (and smoked, too). By the time the class was coming to an end, my weight topped out at 220 pounds and I was in the worst shape of my life.
Immediately upon completing my class, I set a goal for myself...get in shape and get my weight down to 175 pounds. As a reward, I would sign up for and get my scuba diving certification. I started working out 4-5 days a week, which included cardio and weights. I did meet my goal of 175 pounds one week before I started my scuba diving certification. However, one thing that I did not do was to include supplements in my diet, such as whey protein. This is a lesson that I learned and I now include several supplements in my diet.
As I was dropping weight down to my goal of 175 pounds, the one thing that I had failed to do was quit smoking. I tried the gums for a while, but it never worked. Then on December 30th, 2007, I went cold turkey with the cigarettes and have not touched one since.
Soon after that, I started running and wanted to get into running triathlons. However, when I would run, I had a stabbing pain in my left hip. This pain kept getting worse and got to the point whereitI would wake me up in the middle of the night. I went to the doctor and found out that my left hip would need to be replaced in a couple of years. That put an end to the running and any thoughts of becoming a triathlete.
Finally, in November of 2009, I had my left hip replaced. It was the best thing I ever did for my health. Suddenly, all that pain was gone! However, I made a promise to myself that I would never allow my hip replacement be an excuse for not working out or being active. I am more active now than I ever have been.
Today, I find myself at a plateau. I am now at 183 pounds and I really want to focus on dropping my body fat from about 15% to 10%. I have spent the last two years working out with weights and doing some amount of cardio. My biggest challenge is getting my nutrition right! This is one of the reasons I wanted to become a Beach Body Coach. The other reason is so that I could share my experiences and help others reach their fitness goals. I also like meeting new people and making new friends!
As I move forward with my fitness goals, I am going to start out with Insanity: Asylum! The reason I chose it first was so that I could work on my agility. Some of the workouts look like the kind of exercises I used to do when I played football. Not to mention, it looks really intense!
I look forward to meeting many of you and helping others! If there is anything I can help with, please don’t hesitate to ask!

http://beachbodycoach.com/FrankieWomack

http://myshakeology.com/FrankieWomack
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!